Internet access with phone card

Thornapple

Seasoned Expediter
Is anyone using a phone card like Verizon or Alltel or the others sell for $50 to $200.00 and conecting just like your phone?

I've used Flying J's and Panera's and figured that there might be a little savings there, even after the service charge of $60.00 a month.

Flying J's is $4.95 a day and Panera's is free as is others but I always feel obligated to buy a cup of coffee which turns into a cinniman roll or a sandwitch or both.

True, I don't do that everyday but even at Flying J I would only have to use it for 12 days a month to make up for having the service all the time.

If anyone is using it - Is it reliable, or as good as the WiFi that we use at other places?

I have a friend that is using it on his desk top unit but he lives accross the road from a verizon tower.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
t.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There have been a number of threads on aircards. A search on Sprint should turn them up. My Sprint aircard works about 98% of the places I stop. Most of the time it's a good enough connection for my Slingplayer. Once in a great while it's not good enough for videos or other serious internet content but that's rare.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.