Insurance

joker

Expert Expediter
Need info on what type and what amount of liability coverage i will need for a "D" unit in addition to what the company provides that i am leased to. :)

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
UK All The Way!

You will need bobtail insurance aka non-trucking liability for sure. This will cover you when you are unloaded. The Carrier will (or should) cover your cargo insurance and trucking liability for you.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------

Everybody is someone else's weirdo.

joker

Expert Expediter
thanks Lawerence for the info, will non-trucking liability cover me while repositioning to another area for a load? From this brocure i have it looks like bobtail and non-trucking are different.i'm nor sure if the company insurance covers deadhead or not.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Joker,
Be careful of what it is you do get (insurance). Make sure you let the agent that you are dealing with know up front what it is your company is providing, He should be able to help you answer that question. It is illegal to carry two of the same type of insurance on a vehicle of any kind.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
>will non-trucking liability cover me while repositioning to another >area for a load?
Yes, This is for when you are empty and/or not under dispatch.
>From this brocure i have it looks like bobtail and
>non-trucking are different.i'm nor sure if the company
>insurance covers deadhead or not.
Your leased carrier should be able to walk you through this and offer you options on buying the bobtail insurance.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Everybody is someone else's weirdo.