info on tri-state

wolfbuilder1

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
i am currently driving someones truck for fedexcc
i am doing a lot of sitting. i know freight is cheaper
at tri-state but if i run more i am willing to sacrifice.
i wish someone would tell me the truth about them.

thanks for all the info

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I left Tristate because of the low rates. However, I think that Tristate keeps the wheels turning better than most. If you are a single driver Tristate is probably the best. If you live in MI, OH, IN, IL, PA, or KY you will get decent miles and also get regular home time. Being based in Detroit area, I got home two to three times per week when I was with Tristate (sometimes for only a few hours). There were quite a few loads which delivered early Monday morning in Detroit area, Flint, Lansing, etc., so I had quite a few loads which picked up Friday or Saturday and then gave me part of the weekend at home prior to the Monday delivery. Then, I usually got another load by mid-afternoon on Monday. My experience with Tristate was prior to two years ago, so I don't know how it is now. While owner/operators often dislike carrier policies and procedures, I always felt that Tristate was fair. Deadhead with them wasn't bad. Good Luck.

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
MY WIFE AND I ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING TEAM WITH TRI-STATE. ITS A DECENT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. THEY HAVE THERE FAIR SHARE OF BS AND MOST OF THEIR POLICIES ARE WROTE MORE IN THERE FAVOR. BUT THAT IS JUST ABOUT ANY COMPANY. THEY DO HAVE A BROAD CUSTOMER BASE. AND KEEP YOU ROLLING CONSISTENTLY. AND YOU CAN MAKE A DECENT LIVING WITH THEM. BUT YOU WILL RUN A FEW MORE MILES TO MAKE IT. AS MOST OF THE STRAIGHT TRUCK LOADS PAY A BUCK A MILE. NOT ALL OF THEM BUT MOST OF THEM....

gump

Expert Expediter
Im in my first year with tri state,my average is 1000 to 1300 a week,,but then ive had a couple 100 dollar weeks and a few two grand weeks,,,so its reall up to u and whats availible..i generally like to sit home on the weekends to so i dont push to hard..ive talked to a lot of drivers,,as much BS as we get from HQ I think we are the lesser of all evils in the business:)

wolfbuilder1

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
can a man make a decent living by running team in someones truck at tri-state? i made 1000.00 dollars the month of december if that tells you how slow it is at fedexcc. if there is anyone needing a team for tri-state for their d-unit please let me know.

Lureveto

Expert Expediter
I know a contractor from Florida with a 2001 Chevrolet Cargo Van, 42" bed, TV, DVD, Heater, looking for a team. This van has insulation and even has a medicine cabinet! Looks like a mini motor home. Furnishes cell phone and pays 60%. If you would like to call me, I will hook you up with him. You'll thank me. (386-569-4570)

new team

Expert Expediter
What do you drive and do you own your vehicle? Was the average you stated before or after your truck expences? Thanks for the info, we are thinking about getting into expediting and were wondering if this is a good time.

gump

Expert Expediter
the amount i stated is before all expenses,i drive my own van..usualy from what i hear the best time to get in to this is march or april and its gets better as the year goes on...BUT this has been a strange year with some very strange happenings...but maybe im wrong it seems to be picking up.now watch my profits go down....and i generally do try to be home weekends.