Canada Info on Thompson Emergency

winemaker693

Active Expediter
Hey everyone, I'm very Interested in being an o/o of a Sprinter. I have been in contact with the guys at Thompson Emergency. I was wondering if there are any drivers on this board that can tell me what Thompson is like. ie. Are they busy? What are the wait times btw loads? I know they have a great dispatch but that is all I really know about them so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One S

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I can only speak to them from a carrier to carrier perspective. But they do a very good job. They have been around for a very long time and they have a very loyal long term staff.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've spoken to some of their guys in Sprinters and they've all seemed content. Many have been there for a lot of years.

DST001

Expert Expediter
I have a friend that works for thompsons for 20 + years he drives a cargo van he seems happy with them now tst is a totaly diffrent ball of wax I worked for them for 1.5 years to many short trips from woodhaven mi to ontario and some trips to quebec and return trips back to woodhaven's cross dock for there us drivers to take the rest of the way. They have qualcom sats that cost $70 every 2 weeks vrs thompson use cell phones . I have talked to some of there drivers with sprinters and all of them seemed happy thompsons have 20-30 o/o on with sprinters and a couple cargo vans I hope this helps you

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I have a friend that works for thompsons for 20 + years he drives a cargo van he seems happy with them now tst is a totaly diffrent ball of wax I worked for them for 1.5 years to many short trips from woodhaven mi to ontario and some trips to quebec and return trips back to woodhaven's cross dock for there us drivers to take the rest of the way. They have qualcom sats that cost $70 every 2 weeks vrs thompson use cell phones . I have talked to some of there drivers with sprinters and all of them seemed happy thompsons have 20-30 o/o on with sprinters and a couple cargo vans I hope this helps you
Every once in a while, we see a post in which the importance of punctuation is demonstrated, like this one. Surely, you can see how incomprehensible this is as stream-of-consciousness?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Every once in a while, we see a post in which the importance of punctuation is demonstrated, like this one. Surely, you can see how incomprehensible this is as stream-of-consciousness?

I understood it no problem

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

DST001

Expert Expediter
Sorry Didn't realise we are in grammer school lol or should I say Skool :rolleyes: I just got a fyler from thompsons on my windshield this morning in kitchner ont they are paying a buck a mile for sprinters hope this helps you out . And before anyone asks I am in no way involved with Thompson's emergency

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry Didn't realise we are in grammer school lol or should I say Skool :rolleyes: I just got a fyler from thompsons on my windshield this morning in kitchner ont they are paying a buck a mile for sprinters hope this helps you out . And before anyone asks I am in no way involved with Thompson's emergency

Lol don't worry. Those of us who aren't picketing funerals understood your post.

winemaker693

Active Expediter
Thank you all for the info. It sure has made my decision a lot easier. I'm just waiting to get my physical/pee test and I have to purchase a Sprinter yet. But all things are looking up that I will be a Thompson Driver in the spring. Looking forward to becoming part of this great group. :)

Last edited: