I Need Help!

hondo

Seasoned Expediter
To a Recruiter:

My wife and I are empty-nesters, and I am looking for a driving opportunity with a Fleet Owner (part of a team or possibly solo in the future) who is willing to teach me the industry, and allow me to complete the practical exam where I have my permanent CDL-B with Hazmat endorsement.

I currently hold a CDL-B permit from the state of Georgia. I have also started the TSA background check for the Hazmat endorsement, completed the Highway Watch program, and scheduled to take the DOT physical first thing this coming week(paid by me).

My personal driving record has been clean for over 10 years, with no traffic tickets, no DUIs and no accidents. I also have no criminal record of any type. I currently live in the Newnan/Peachtree City area of Georgia (South of Atlanta). Relocation is possible if needed.

I am willing to be over the road for extended amounts of time, including weekends and holidays.

Please note that I have already contacted several Expediter companies listed on the Expediters Online website, and waiting for their replies.

Can you help? I am eager to learn and willing to do what it takes to start a career in this profession.

Thank you for your time.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Hondo;

Good luck with your training and your upcoming road test for your CDL. The Pre-trip inspection test is most likely the toughest section. Study it well, but do not make more of it than it is.

If I could make any suggestion to you it would be to reasearch the carriers - not all will be able to hire you as a recent CDL graduate without any experience. Do this first, prior to seeking out a fleet owner to drive for, as you may be limited by the carrier company.

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter