I am new here

john31152

Expert Expediter
What is "b" or "c" and "d" units? What exactly is expediting? From what I have read here it seems like the way to go if you wanted to become an owner operator, as far as less investment than buying a tractor and trailor.

BanditMan

Expert Expediter
On the right side of the EO HomePage, in the gray area, click on Expediting Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).You will find many answers there. Once you have the basics figured out, start reading the forums. Both are great learning tools, and the others on the forum are great about answering specific questions. Welcome!

Lureveto

Expert Expediter
Take some good advice and go away. You are requesting too much 411.This is not fun and it will only cost you money. Tread lightly. Beware. We are your friends so take heed. You sound like a nice guy. Take up a hobby or some night classes. Seriously,,,,,,,,FORGETABOUTIT

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Now i dont agree with that answer...I was new here not to long ago and got really good advice from weave,lawrence and a few others,If he has ambition to succeed then he can..my brother in law start 2 1/2 months ago and has grossed 25,000 and is a single driver...he dont turn down any runs and if they dont have a back haul they allow us to find one and we keep all the money...So it depends on the company on how well you will do and how picky you are on your loads...I have learned at least at the company im at its a small one if i take care of them they do return the favor.My friends have been on with this company for yrs...Its all about the company,drivers ambititon,and if your not picky on your loads...So many times i have heard guys complain about not making any money..but then they say well they wanted me to drive 50 miles to pick up a back haul..Well hmm 50 miles=about $8.00 in fuel....To make ????Maybe its just im tired of hearing alot of people complaining about not making money and then they say they wanted me to drive over here for a back haul....Makes no sense..aslong as its with in reason you might have to....Just my opinion.....

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
I would really like to keep that to my self...I dont know who is reading and like i said they are a fairly small company...So it wouldnt be fair to me and other drivers who drive for them if everyone here started calling them....I hope you understand...But i also have a buddy who is president of a shipping company..And he always has stuff for me to back hall if i dont have something...So the only thing i can suggest to you is to look around and do some reading on the company and talk to the drivers...I just bought my self a Western star for my first truck...I have been driving with other people and family and decided to go on my own....