Hopefully this is Jr.'s year

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Not to take anything away from Junior but he got a lot of help from his teammates . I don't see Gordon giving anybody much help in the regular cup series . He's going to be hungry for a championship . It'll get interesting toward the end of the season .

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
you don,t actually think gordon and johnson will actually help jr when it comes down to it in a points race ain,t gonna happen

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I think Hendrick will get them to work together to make sure at least a couple of them get in the chase . I think they'll work together in the regular season but once it gets to the chase you know Johnson for sure won't see any help from Junior or Gordon . Do you think JR will help Gordon close on the 7 championships of Dale SR and Richard Petty ? I don't think Gordon will ever match that . He's past his prime .

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gordon past his prime? Not even close. The window for a drivers "prime" is a very big one. We're not talking soccer, football or motocross here.

Jr is showing a willingness to take part in the teamwork that Hendrick is known for. But yes, when it comes down to Chase time, the list of friends will become very short.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Not to take anything away from Junior but he got a lot of help from his teammates . I don't see Gordon giving anybody much help in the regular cup series . He's going to be hungry for a championship . It'll get interesting toward the end of the season .

Hey Crazy, that's restrictor plate racing..........at Daytona and Talladega no one wins without help from someone. Circumstances worked out where the hendrick cars were in a position to help each other. It's not that Gordon won't help a teammate win, he will if he's not in a position to win himself, and how many times isn't he capable of winning?? Not very often.
I"m sure all the hendrick cars will work together thru out the year. Jr. seems to be a good 'fit' so far. It's obvious that R.H. is making sure that Jr. has his chances of winning and competing for the championship.
From the comment that Jr. won't help Gordon close in on his father's 7 championships, that's absurd......
Gordon past his prime? That's just ridiculous. There's a difference between experience, knowing when to put your nose in somewhere and not, when to race and when to ride, and past your prime........Although I like him, you have to look at Dale Jarrett to see "past prime". Or DW, he drove WAY past his prime!!!!!!
One thing though, I'm sooooooooooo glad they got Wallace out of the broadcast booth. Can't wait until Jarrett steps in. He'll do a good job. Much better than "ME, ME Wallace!!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I've heard about Fire Ball but he was before my time. Isn't he the guy that Charlie Daniels is talking about in that song that says something like "Fire Ball was an ace and born to race"?

08CareerOTR

Seasoned Expediter
Hi all, WELL??? Don't count the wins YET! Yeah Jr's is my driver too but wait and see....Nascar has changed alot of rules......yes if Jr win's its due to team Crews, and Yeah I don't think "BY" a long shot that Gordon or Johnson will help....IT'S EVERYMAN FOR HIMSELF" right now season just started so all eye's are on Jr's and remember he QUIT/Left DEI and Stepmother....See what happen with Tony and Kurt????? this will be tough year for all

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gordon's got 1 more in him, I look For Denny Hamlin to be a Player this Year.That Guy has Moxie