hey all ...is it still bad ? and whats the future hold??

genocideman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey all : my bud and I are thinking or researching this biz we both have alot of miles and otr time under our butts mostly regional in the NE \. We live in upstare NY and feel if we sign on with Pii, con-job etc.... we'd never be home or have to DH all the way home .You guys are a wealth of info ... but I need to know are there any Ex companies that work the NE and could we do 3000 or better miles per week as a team?? here or do we sign on with someone else and bounce to the left coast and hope to get home??? Pii has been schmoozing us as of late but they want O/O. We where company drivers so we have no wheels and don't really want to lose our shirts by leasing ...Any help or answers would be of great help before we take the leap ... also do all companies take months for the first paycheck .So as an O/O your behind the 8 ball from the get go.

Thanks all
Gen-man

BigB

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Let me check my crystal ball,............................OK,after looking into the future there all going to promise you the moon & the stars.AS far as running just the north east and doing 3000 miles?.Between fuel prices,tolls,& traffic,that's a hard 3000 mile's.Going out to the coast we've been running expedited for almost 3yrs.been out there maybe doz. times some good some not so good.FEB&JAN OUT in wy.ne.mo.co.and parts of Nv. & calf.leave a lot to be desired.And then when you get out there .few truck stop's high fuel and. calf. D>O>T.Hey don't get me wrong if you have never been it can be a fun trip .IT can be hard to find loads back.You guy's might want to try driving for someone first get your feet wet in this part of the biz.See if you want to invest in a truck.There are afew drivers i no of that run reg. routes in the north east but not much $ and a lot empty mile's ie.groton ct. to hackensak nj.1800 bucks load in empty out.after the math about63 cents amile.6 days aweek.things are a little slow now,hear p2 was doing ok landstar hot & cold.can't help with tri/state .con-job well, be careful.there idea of west coast runs are go out for a 1.07 a mile dead head from calf. to chicago, oh yeah .20 cents a mile or .42cents if its a ccx load .well good luck, be careful make sure you have a good high pair of rubber boots because they can pile it pretty high.