Heated West Coast Mirrors

Christyrose

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Our driver side mirror finally gave way to the wind. I have been checking out prices at Freightliner for a new heated mirror. They want 69.00 for one. I have been looking around for a better price. So far I have found one at Speedco for about 32.00 (?). I also found a place on the net http://www.crookmotors.com/PartSpecials.asp and was wondering if anyone else knows anything about this company or has order from them. The price list they have looks really reasonable.

Any ideas will be more then welcomed.. duck tape only goes so far!

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I bought my 2001 Freightliner Columbia at Crook in Albemarle, NC. I don't usually give "plugs" but they are an excellent dealer- I got a beautiful truck dirt cheap that I have had for six weeks now with no major troubles, and good trade in $ for my old FL70. The salesman Don Ritter was really decent. These guys move a lot of trucks and can thus make deals other places can't come close to. A worthwhile place to stop at if one is down that way. I would have bought the '00 FL106 they have on their lot now if I didn't get the Columbia. If one wishes (lol) they can buy the old "Weave-Mobile" there for $14500.
I did look at those parts specials they had, and the prices were cheap, esp. for batteries and clutches. I'll pick up a spare clutch there for $600 before I'll spend over a grand for it at Freightliner.
-Weave-

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
Try TRUCKPRO, I know they have a location in nashville and indy. I'm sure they are probably in all major cities. The prices there are always about 50% cheaper than freightliners. Good luck

G

We lost a mirror coming across the bridge on Rt. 13 in Missouri one time, ended up stopping at the International dealer in Effingham, IL who put one on for $75, I didn't think that was too bad, so the $32 at Speedco sounds dirt cheap to me.

Christyrose

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just a small note to say thanks to all of those that replied. We finally found the mirrors at Michigan Truck Repair, in Sterling Heights, MI. I think total cost was about 33.00. The cost was right in the area that I thought was reasonable.

Thanks again for your help and concern:7 :7