Hard to believe

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
That's sucks... Looking back at my log book all I can say is what don't ya believe?
Oh I have some offers in there that I turned down but best I can figure is its loads they can't sell or cover and I base that assumption on protect times...Not even NLM dispatches loads that tight. They are late before I even start a log book page.
My majic circle has become so deflated its not funny.. To gun shy to wander to far from home anymore... Even doing a mini results in a day and a half of bed rest before the next call between 10am and noon to ask if I have avaible hours... My thoughts on that are its noon and most of the loads are gone by now... Sure has been ugly...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's sucks... Looking back at my log book all I can say is what don't ya believe?
Oh I have some offers in there that I turned down but best I can figure is its loads they can't sell or cover and I base that assumption on protect times...Not even NLM dispatches loads that tight. They are late before I even start a log book page.
My majic circle has become so deflated its not funny.. To gun shy to wander to far from home anymore... Even doing a mini results in a day and a half of bed rest before the next call between 10am and noon to ask if I have avaible hours... My thoughts on that are its noon and most of the loads are gone by now... Sure has been ugly...
I ran a short NLM load last night, Cleveland to Dearborn, money was right and I had 5 hours to get it there. First time in a long time I had time to spare. It's been real disgusting the last few weeks. And today is no freight Friday so I figure I'm done for the week.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Just had another conversion about protect times with safety dept... Way to tight,, With all the congestion, construction its nearly getting impossible to even average 50mph in a truck. Being dispatched at 60 mph thru the woods isn't cutting it. Not to mention so many loads take us off the beaten path. Last week I was late twice to leg1 before even starting the books.. Not sure many have ever been out of Toledo.. No time is being given to break camp, do pretrip and start the log book and get rolling.. As I told safety I'm not beating the hell out of my truck when this happens... They are late not me...

Reactions: fastman_1

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Well happened again only this time it confirmed they have never been out of Toledo and @ least one of them lives in a box she can't see out of.
Load offer comes in, Hot load (like thats my proplem)I'm in town and and tell em I can't make that time and it would be best to put it on another truck..OK no problem on their end. To my surprise they call back and say OK we can back up your pick time.. Somehow I make original p-up time with just a few minutes to spare. Loaded right away, climb in truck and see I have just 20 minutes to spare to leg2.. Freight doesn't match load profile so now I'm doing someone's job to verify freight which eats up any time I had. ( Not to mention time listen to elevator music while waiting for someone to answer). Now I have exactly 7 to get 350 miles and I'm 7miles in the heart of Battle Creek.. That's nearly 7 miles of traffic lights. In Reality the trip is 362 miles which puts me farther behind. Before I roll and when Dispatch released me, I say time is a bit tight, you maybe late again.. 120 miles away from drop I had gotten some time back (was showing 9 mins early now) called in to tell them I was showing a lot of traffic delays thru Dayton and Cincy. Just to give them a heads up... Now the fun begins and only reply I get right away is why are you running late? She had a hard time grasping the idea that Ohio has construction from top to bottom and the last 30 miles or so of KY is reduced speeds for a bit and not 70mph. Now another reply comes that just because there is construction, Doesn't mean you slow down we/they don't care about that, you have to get there on time that's all that matters. I really felt bad when I told her after my 1 hour deadhead, a 30 min break would be required..:D
So phone conversion was finished and I got to thinking about all the news letters about the CSA score and how bad the speeding tickets have been..(Now Im Starting to see why they are on the rise and its properly not the drivers fault,No driver wants to be late) I have never never received any kinda of speeding ticket in my life, but should have received several last night plus log book violation on the 30 min rest period.. Ya see because when all was said and done I arrived with 3 min to spare, So maybe next time I'll just ignore trying to give them a heads up. Thought about calling/talking to safety again but got the feeling all that would do would result in pizzing in the wind again...

Reactions: fastman_1

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've never had a problem getting the pick up or delivery time adjusted, but then again I'm in a van,

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Me either for the most part for what ever reason..Last night they closed at 2am... Adjusted drop for 2:45 am...lol Figure that one out???

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Me either for the most part for what ever reason..Last night they closed at 2am... Adjusted drop for 2:45 am...lol Figure that one out???
You can't ever figure out dispatch, last night got a call at 11:45 pm I'm in bed, answer the home phone to hear dispatcher say oh never mind it just disappeared??