GT Xpress cooker ?

XCountryTeam

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone use the GT Xpress cooker? Do you like it? What do you cook in it? Can it replace the George Forman grill (for the most part) except for my steaks?:D

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I have it and I LOVE it! I don't know how I would do without it. It does not replace the Foreman grill, though. I also use a Foreman grill (the small one).

You might want to look through our posted recipes for ideas with the GT Xpress. I think in some of the recipes I call it a GT 101 cooker.

I fix lots of breakfast items in it (including the best fried eggs). The meat recipes in the cook book that comes with the cooker are great.

I even bought one of these to have at home!

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I have it and I LOVE it! I don't know how I would do without it. It does not replace the Foreman grill, though. I also use a Foreman grill (the small one).

You might want to look through our posted recipes for ideas with the GT Xpress. I think in some of the recipes I call it a GT 101 cooker.

I fix lots of breakfast items in it (including the best fried eggs). The meat recipes in the cook book that comes with the cooker are great.

I even bought one of these to have at home!

I was considering purchasing one of these and did some research online about them. What I found was a LOT of negative feedback, mostly about the Teflon bubbling up and peeling off. Have you had any problems with this? They sound like a great appliance to have, but I don't want to invest in one if it is only going to last a short time.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
The first one of these I purchased did have the common teflon problem. The second one has not "bubbled" at all. It is doing great and is about a year old. I think the key is letting the unit pre-heat and wiping it clean after each use. I didn't bother with the preheat idea before. Also, I think they may have improved but I'm not sure.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Thank you for the information India. :)
Are these available in stores? I really don't want to have to order one online.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I found mine at one of those "As seen on TV" stores in a mall but you will probably have to do an internet search for the stores since they are all over the place.

ritasroy

Seasoned Expediter
You might look at the "xpress Redi Set Go" I think it is the newer version. I just ordered it so have not recieved it yet.

Last edited:

ritasroy

Seasoned Expediter
Received my xpress redi set go cooker, I think I love it.
Cut a potatoes length ways in 1/4ths cooked for 15min wrapped in towel
put 2 steaks in cut up onions and seasoning put on for 15 min turned at 7min(might do less next time)
Steamed veggies and wa la It was teriffic

this morning used ready to cook biscuits flattened put cheese on, cut up ready cooked
sasuage ,poor scrambled egg over one to each side cook 15 min wonderful

bamapeople2006

Expert Expediter
Hi, Do you still like your Redi set go cooker? I am thinking of getting one. I got the GT Xpess 101 and love it. I Bake in it all the time. Like corn bread, cakes. I cook eggs, burritos, stuff chicken breast, ect. Just about anything. I as thinking about the redi to go because I would like to do pancakes and Pizza. Have you tried that? Let me know how it works!