Gotta tell this.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Couple weeks ago I was in my trusty van in southern Indiana on a two lane road. It was bright and sunny. The trees formed a canopy shading most of the road. Driver coming the opposite way flashed his headlights, which I thought to mean slow down. I slowed down and over the next hill and curve there were the road workers on the side of the road. Couldn't see them from a distance. Then about a mile later another guy flashed his lights and gave me the pressing the palm down "slow down" sign. I slowed down and started watching. I saw something in my lane that looked like a truck tread, or something. As I got closer, it was a big old dog. He was just stretched out in the road, napping in a warm sunny spot. He looked at me as to say "hey, buddy, this is my warm spot, go find your own." Just had to share that.
:+ :+

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
There was an old black dog up in Presque Isle MI that slept on the road all the time. He was really large. Probably a Newfoundland. Folks used to come into the local store and say they saw a bear sleeping on the road. I don't think anyone ever hit him either.