Goodbye, Cruel World -- Of Expediting

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well, we did it ~ left trucking, and came in off the road to have a normal life.

Our owner let the truck we were in go back, so we decided to give this a try. i am now a city bus driver, and Kevin is looking to get into driving a bus, also. i got my Passenger endorsement, so now i have EVERY endorsement known to man! ;-) And check THIS out ~ there's a BUS DRIVERS FORUM that Kevin found over in Yahoo Clubs! Guess i'll spend the rest of the day over there reading all about the ups and downs of Bus Driving. If y'all are ever in Corpus Christi, be on the lookout for me! ;-)

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Wendy

We sure are going to miss you guys. This place won't be the same without you!

You have more guts than I do. I don't think I would like my freight to talk back to me...lol and I would rather haul nitro through the gorge without brakes than drive a school bus...lol

Good luck to you guys and stop back sometimes and say hi!

Bill

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Wendy and Kevin,something tells me after 6 months of driving well mannered,pleasant little chidlren around Corpus you will be back out here.LOL Take care my friend and check in once in a while,CAN YOU REALLY TAKE A NORMAL LIFE.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-01 AT 07:04PM (EDT)[/font][p]Best wishes with your new line of driving. Like I say to so many others I fully understand why you left the expedite business. It was a pleasure to have met you and Kevin while you were at C&M, and I personally thank you for your helpful and sometimes funny forum contributions.
Good Luck!
-Weave-

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey!!! WHOA, NellyBelle!

A) It's NOT a School Bus ~ it's a City Bus! OLDER talking freight! LOL

and B) i wasn't going to just up and LEAVE this forum! i was thinking that now that we're getting settled, i would have plenty of time to moderate, but i can very well understand that Lawrence would want his moderators to be actual expediters! ;-) (Does this mean that my discount over at Freightliner of Knoxville has been ~ horrors! ~ cancelled?1? :D )

And if any of you EVER get down to this neck of the woods, send me an email, and i'll be more than happy to pay for the coffee!

And, folks? The good news is that now that we're OUT of the business, things should start picking right up! (We always did feel sort of snake~bit...)

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Welcome to the world of 9 - 5 & unions. I have a friend up in Portland who lost his "high-tech" communications job last Feb. Guess what he's doing? That's right - driving for Tri-Met, Portlands transit company. He did it down here in Orange county back in the late 70's & early 80's, and it is now his lifeline. The work is a lot more stable than expediting, you know what you are going to get paid every week, what holidays you have off AT HOME!!, where your dinner comes from, no nasty fuel expense, showers every morning, God, need I go on??

Take care, drive safe (Can you pull up to the curb a little closer?)

Eric - The Ex FED-EX

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sorry to see you leave Expediting. But I am glad to see you will still stop back every now and then.
Good Luck with your new career.