Freightshaker Deluxe

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Here is a picture of my new Freightshaker Columbia idling in the 90 degree heat of Charleston, SC last week. I misquoted the Detroit's HP before- its 470 not 360 so power is considerable. First two weeks were awesome- only initial problem was no A/C in the sleeper area. I traced that to a loose connector on the blower unit so its nice and chilly now. MPG?? around 13 as it never lugs. Max. weight capacity? Only about 10k lbs. as it is really heavy esp. up front. Cab is super quiet- unit drives like big Lincoln. Only complaint is the chrome is starting to bubble on the mirrors (just plastic.) Now that I have it I wouldn't buy another truck without a Jake brake. They rule.
-Weave-
Ignore the first file attachment- it didn't work.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Weave,

Nice set of wheels! Were you buzzing down I-75 SB in the Bluegrass state this week? If so - that truck has some get-up-n-go.

Lawrence
Expediters Online.com

PS The second two attachments worked fine.:7

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'm going to dido Lawrence, good luck!
I hope you get so much work with it that you will be turning trips down.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Great truck Weave!! really sharp! Something like that could almost bring me back over to the Freightliner side! Sure beats an FL 70!:D

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
No, that wasn't me in KY last week, but I was close in WV. The Columbia does not lack in the get up and go department though. It is much better quality wise than the Freightliner business class trucks, but.. its still Freightshaker. If they just bought decent existing materials from good suppliers from the start, instead of wasting engineering dollars to make their own imitation crap the overall quality of the truck would be much better. What is the deal with the plastic heat-transfer "chrome" on the mirrors? OK, I'm nit-picky but the idiot who came up with that "cost saver" should be forced to have his living room plated with that plastic garbage. That is stuff you would expect on a Hyundai, not a class 8 truck.
I am going to have long term reports available on the truck, but I don't want to post them on this forum as they are real accurate and would bore those who are not interested. If you are interested, I will forward them to you in MS Word format. E-Mail me at [email protected] for updates.
-Weave-

fingerfarmer

Expert Expediter
Nice Truck!
I was wondering what company you are leased to? Or are you and independent working for different companys?
Thank you
Fingerfarmer