freightliner service

lighting

Expert Expediter
does everyone have a hard time getting truck worked on at freightliner, i have a fl-80 have a local guy do my work,sometimes i need work done he cant do.i live in east tn called freightliner in kingsport told me to bring it on up went straight to them told me be next day. came home called knoxville freightliner told me to come in next morning and they might notice might get me late in afternoon. when you buy truck your told service is not a problem it wouldnt be if you could afford to shut down 2 days. is it the same with peterbuilt, or western star, im burnt out with freightliner think its time to get a real truck

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Lighting,i think it is depending on luck on how fast you get your truck serviced. I have been to knoxville frieghtliner twice to have work done opn my fl70,the first time they got me right in but the second time after a 3+ hr. wait they still did not know when they could get me in. needless to say, i didn't hang around any longer.I live in northern ohio and bought my truck from FYDA frieghtliner in youngstown,after a few times of having to wait up to 8hrs for minor warranty repairs i gave up on them. I now take my truck to HANS frieghtliner in cleveland and even tho they are a much smaller shop, they do a pretty good job of getting me in when they say they will.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Over the years I have dealt with about 15-20 Freightliner Dealerships. I have also found Hans Freightliner in Cleveland to do the best quality work and also get you in when they promised. Stoops in Indianapolis has also been good to me.The worst ones in my experience are Ft Worth Freightliner in Texas and the Denver Co dealer. But all of these comments are subjective to what my experience has been. I once had a problem in Flagstaff AZ and a Peterbuilt parts guy went way and above what he had to do to help me.
I think most dealerships are hit and miss, I am friendly with the service manger of the Freightliner dealer where I live (Tom Nehl Truck in Jacksonville FL) and he has told me there is a real shortage of qualified mechanics, Especially since Freightliner and the other Manufacturers are insisting that the service departments stay open 24/7.

COFFEE CUP

Expert Expediter
IF YOU GET DOWN THAT WAY FREIGHTLINER IN PHARR, TX IS VERY GOOD. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THEIR CASE LOAD THEY ARE VERY BUSY. THE WORST FREIGHTLINER DEALER I HAVE EVER BEEN TO IS SMOKEY MOUNTAIN FREIGHTLINER IN KINGSPORT, TN. THEIR SER. IS SORRY, THEIR LOUNGE IS NASTY, THEIR PEOPLE ARE ROUDE, YOU HAVE TO GO BACK AND DOUBLE CHECK
THEIR WORK, THEY WILL SAY THEY REPLACED OR REP. SOMETHING ALL THE WHILE CHARGING YOU FOR IT. WHEN YOU GET 500 MILES DOWN THE ROAD AND YOUR TRUCK QUITS YOU DISCOVER THEY HAVEN'T DID WHAT THEY CHARGED YOU FOR.
STOWERS CAT IN KINGSPORT, TN. IS THE BEST PLACE I HAVE BEEN TO FOR THE
3126-3126B ENGINES. THEY REALLY KNOW THEIR STUFF, THIER FAST, AND
THEIR NOT BAD ON THEIR PRICES FOR A CAT DEALER.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
As far as engines go I can!t say enough for Cummins SouthEast Power in Jacksonville.Very honest,very good and very expensive but you get what you pay for and in their case it!s worth it.