Freight in the West Tn Area

eldomike

Expert Expediter
Been reading the forums for a couple of weeks, seems like most of the business is in the Ohio Valley...though everytime I head up I55 in Mo I see quite a few expediters...looking to maybe start driving for an O/O Van or "C" but was wondering if there is a need in my area...thanks in advance, great group of people here.

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Eldo, in expediting there really is no such thing as "my area". Most expediters will stay on the road from 10 days to 2 weeks or more at a time. Your home 20 will only affect you when you are trying to get home - and then get back out again after your time off. Tenn. has traditionally been good to expediting, and the trend still continues. There is always a need for new folks in this business, and your home turf won't affect you as much as you might think. I hope this helps you out, and good luck getting into expediting! Thanks - X

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Just wanted to throw a word in here... I've driven D Unit and Van for FedExCC... and always had good runs into Tennesee, and had good luck getting out.

Dreamer

eldomike

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the info, I know that I would be running all over and for a couple of weeks at a time, was just wondering if there were many loads coming through my area(I55-Hwy 51-I155)so that I could drop by home without to many DH miles...thanks again!