FOR ALL THE VETERANS

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Veterans Day is next week so I wrote down what came to me this morning. To ALL of you veterans out there, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.

THIS MOTHER’S PRIDE

Where did it begin, this Mother’s pride?
All through the years she’s watched them and cried,
The soldier, the sailor, the brave marine,
The airman that now walks through her dreams.
One by one, she watched them go,
An uncle, a cousin, sometimes a beau,
Two brothers, her husband, a father-in-law who
Was wounded & medalled fighting WWII.
Then came her children, 1 daughter & 3 sons,
And she wondered each time “will this be the one”?
Their reasons were varied,
Education, want to see the world,
“Ma, I need to leave here,
I’ve lost my best girl”.
WWII, Vietnam, Dessert Storm & the current strife,
God has blessed this family,
They have all survived.
So she’s adopted them all as daughters and sons,
And her heart cries for those who have lost their loved ones.
As the love for grandchildren washes over her in tides,
She knows this will never end,
This mother’s pride.

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
DD

redddfeather1

Expert Expediter
Yes ma'am----amen to that----a force made up of men and women of all faiths and persuasions and political perspectives who make the sacrafices which make all of this free expression possible. And until this war in Iraq is over (last I read and heard it is not) I hope the Great Spirit blesses all the souls--both living and beyond who've made all of the great sacrafices in this war and the wars of the past.

Tinman

Expert Expediter
TINMAN
As a twenty-year veteren, I applaud your gratitude - but more so the honesty of your emotions. We all (veterens throughout every age) have the need to know (and if lucky enough, to experience)that we are supported by our loved ones back home. Your thoughts reflect a vary caring spirit. Thanks.
Semper Fi, ma'am.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
oh boy...just to tell ya I wear my red, white and blue quite proudly even living on the canadian side of the border..dad was in the army and wore his battle scars proudly. I think our boys deserve every possible hurrah we can give them!!

BUT...dang it tinman..DD's probably not gonna say it..you just CAN'T call a lady over a the indelicate age of 13 ma'am..*LOL*

jujubeans:D :D :D :D :D

Tinman

Expert Expediter
TINMAN
Wow, I'm almost at a loss for words...
I must admit that thanks to my being raised in the South (Memphis), I occasionaly slip, and revert to courteous greetings, such as "ma'am". I only meant to be as pleasant the message intended to be. And, a Jarhead simply isn't allowed to be degrogatory to women.
....but there have been times when I've slipped!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
tinman..that was meant to be just a gentle razzing..we KNOW you're a gentleman and it is MOST appreciated. Besides that you are one hell of a poet and I'm still looking forward to more of your work! :) :) :) :)

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Now JuJu, it's quite all right for tinman and redddfeather to call me ma'am, even though I'm not very far over that delicate age!! In this day and age when everyone seems to be soooooooooo rude, it's refreshing to hear someone use the old southern charm!! Seriously it doesn't bother me, NOW. The first time, however was troublesome, you know when you're on the dark side of twenty and some bag boy at the grocery calls you ma'am and offers to help you to your car with your groceries!

Keep smiling, makes em' wonder what you're up too!!
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
DD