flatter the flat rate

flat

Rookie Expediter
I have seen WG load lower then SF flat rate loads. At what rates are they giving these loads out at. I got à 217 mile WG load @ $270 for tomorrow. Thats 1.24/m. JB Hunt offering .52/m + health insurance. Thats commom frieght and no TRUCK expense. Is fedex trying to break us. And why arent we getting 100% of fuel surchargé they arent relocating us any more. Go to driver wanted there alot of owners looking for drivers to fill there Tval trucks. Either its that bad out Here or fedex wants out of exprediting

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Could just be it's December and freight is soft right now? We've noticed the w/g rates have been crazy low too. As far as all the tval trucks, a lot are new and I think fleet owners are just adding trucks faster than they can find drivers.

I just had a team leave me for a 2015 truck so I put a ad up for my tval truck and what I'm hearing from interested teams is a lot of the tval ads are for trucks that aren't even built yet. Just owners trying to get their trucks filled months ahead of time. That's what happened to the drivers that left me. Found out the truck they were gonna move to is 2 months from being delivered. Now they are truck-less.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fedex is trying something new. They tried being the premier carrier in the industry, the one with the golden reputation, the one shippers thought of as the number one choice, the one contractors wanted to be with because they paid better and got more respect. Now they're trying out being the opposite of those things.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like that load was for a big regular fedex cc customer with a negotiated rate. They aren't out of the expedited business and never will be. I do a 26 mi hazmat load for 1 pkg at 3 lbs. The customer told me CC charges $700 for that load. It pays a B unit $210. That run goes once a month or more.

xracer

Seasoned Expediter
The flat rate has run alot of good owner operators flat out of the business. I had been a happy contractor with FedEx CC for 7 years. Till I made 20k less in 2014 than the year before running close to the same miles. As I started looking around and asking questions my research revealed I was not the only one. I also went back a year and looked at my pay sheets and they showed I did not get paid 50% on some of the loads I used to get 59% on the old contract rate. Good luck to all the new O/O. I am selling my truck and going to get me a job as a manager at McDonalds where I can put in less hours and make more money, plus sleep in my own bed at night. GOOD BYE and GOOD LUCK to all the people that fall for the feds BS. I AM OUT

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The only ones putting "b" units on are the ones that pay even less than fedex. Landstar, load one are the best alternative and they are on hold until late spring early summer. Most of the other companies I've talked to are worse IMO. Looking for a local job myself. I'll be putting my new promaster up for sale soon.