fedex

FJK1954

Expert Expediter
just curious how everyone is doing now with fedex and the new fedex freight...so far it has been a welcome acquisiton for me...i have run several loads over the past few weeks that originated from an af dock...i was told we would be getting some of their customers expedited freight.. and so far i am...are any of you?? i have been busier than a one-armed paper hanger for the last two months..no sitting anywher hardly...frank

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have also picked up some loads from the other operating Fedex Companies.A few weeks ago we took a Viking load from Fresno CA to Tucson AZ that they could not cover. Recently I did a run from home to Tuscaloosa AL for a company that called Fedex who referred them to FDX CC,so maybe the system is starting to function. But it hurts to hear about long FDX CC hauls going on planes after being dispatched on trucks. Last week we met a couple who were supposed to haul from Amarillo TX to Seattle WA and when they arrived for the pu,the customer told them that that FDX CC Customer solutions called and they were now only going to take the freight to Albuqerque NM and then Viking (FEDEX FREIGHT WEST) would take it the rest of the way.So as far as I am concerned the jury is still out on this subject.. Stay safe..