Fedex Freight

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
A while back I posted my thoughts and comments about Fedex CC and how I personally felt about the future of the company. I posted that I felt in the future Fedex CC would become a much smaller entity and I may have been right on the money with that,
Those of you that can get stock quotes through your ISP need to look at FDX. There is a press release dated June 3rd about how Fedex Freight,which is now the combined operation of Viking and American Freightways will be offering guaranteed EXPEDITED SERVICES for various shippers.
In the east this will be called Fedex Freight Next Day Plus.They will guarantee next day delivery for shipments up to 900 miles in selected lanes.
In the west this service will be called Fedex Freight EZ Expedited Program plus another program called Fedex Freight EZ Guaranteed with guaranteed delivery times or there will be no invoice.
This type of operation is also offered by other large LTL companies and usually doesn!t work out because they don!t have equipment and personnel sitting around,but FEDEX sure has resources so in my opinion
it does not bode well for those of us with D or E units that are with Fedex CC..

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Rich!
I posted a question about two weeks ago, "What's the deal with FedEx" I was told that exact thing around the third week in May and I didn't get a every concerned response from anyone. This will really put alot of drivers on hold or out of work, like yourself. Another thing that was told to me was that FedEx is using alot of non-FedEx companies to make deliveries.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One thing to always remember.. with FedEx will always come the FedEx price tag. Smart shippers know better.
-Weave-