fedex buys american freightways

mr.blue

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
fedex just announced the purchase of american freightways. they claim this will allow them to extend their reach by expanding their ability to deliver next day regional less-than-truckload freight service.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If your ISP is AOL click on $ Quotes,type in FDX for the stock symbol and then highlight the press releases on the bottom.The total price for the company plus taking on American Freightways debt was $1.2 Billion. Nice piece of change.They say that they intend to try to complement Viking!s operation in the west with AF in the east.This will be all LTL.Several years ago when Roadway owned Roberts,RPS,Viking, Spartan and some other companies,they spun them all off to become Caliber.Caliber management attempted to interface Viking with the other subsidaries and it was a complete 100% disaster.If memory serves me correctly they lost over $235 million dollars in 1 year,the stock dropped big time and it was ripe for Fedex to take over.I don!t think this will affect Fedex CC very much,but I have been known to be wrong.I think our biggest problem is the advent of Urgent Freight.com..