fed ex

muddyman

Expert Expediter
i just sent my c link back to fed ex if you read this anyone from akron dont take it personal but i sent it ups:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :+ :p

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I take it as, You quit Fed Ex, and UPS ground was much cheaper, or did you REALLY do it to tic them off?

muddyman

Expert Expediter
hope it serves a duel purpose one that they certainly didnt get the last laugh i did two there not the only ones out there wish i could have been a fly on the wall when that brown uniform brought that package sure hope it doesnt keep me from getting my escrow}>

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I wouldn't worry about any of those clowns in that Akron office reading these posts...I'll bet they have a corporate policy forbidding that or they brainwash them so they don't. Buster Brown will be just a mere alien at the doorstep. :+

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
HEY FED-EX CC! x( x( x( Don't you guys that do the hiring and the orientation have an age cap, or good health record on the people that you hire?
x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x(
I was on I90 in the Buckeye last night, at the flyen hook getting some go juice and there was a fed-ex cc van in front of me doing the same. I frooze in my tracks, this guy putting the feul in the van couldn't work the pump. I yeld over to him and ask if he needed any help, but he never looked up. A minute or two later this woman came up to him and started talking to him very loudly and then she put the gas in the van. He went to the back and opened the door, took out a shower bag, I saw this matress tied to the wall,then he shut the door and walked away. I started talking to the woman and she told me that guy is her hubby and they've been with Fed-ex going on three months, that this was going to be thier way to travel and see the USA. After talking to her for a good 5 or 6 minutes she told me she had to cut it short and go check on him. He is 67 and she is 62.

I really got a sick feeling in my gut after talking to her. Talking to this woman I could see things weren't working out for this couple the way some one painted the picture to her. She seemed some what upset about all the money they invested and the not so good return. She also told me she knows every bump in every road in Ohio.

Why would anyone recruit elderly people like this couple, and paint a picasso, but deliver a forgery. I realy felt bad for this couple, but then so would most of you guys participating on this forum. The good thing about last night is that I got to have a coffee with the couple and made some real nice friends.

The MORAL to this true story: Don't beleive any of the recruiters. Check out every thing they tell you, and always ask alot of questions about this business. Go to work for an owner before you invest a fortune in your own. Keep checking this site and listen to what others are saying.

Good luck to all you new-bees and want-a-bees!!!LOL

x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x(

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
BRAVO !!!! Very well put. and by the way it isn't drivers their looking for as much as warm bodies !

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I can understand what you mean by the recriters telling those folks it's a way to see the country like having an RV. Yeah, just most of what they will see is at night. But don't knock older drivers. My father (mudflap) is solo running his D unit quite well at age 64, and is still quite capable of clomping you one if need be!

-Weave-

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I know of a couple that are in their mid to late Seventies.They both have minor health problems but have run for Fedex CC (Roberts) for almost 20 years. They claim that the business keeps them from going stale,as it is necessary to be alert and thinking constanlty.Lots of truth to that and also getting POED 2-3 times a week keps the blood flowing upstairs.