Express 1 Info

masterblaster

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I've been in the expediting business for about 6-7 months. Made the BIG MISTAKE with CTX. Their "so called new & improved satallite system" belongs to the stone age--especially when it comes to keeping track of pay. My driver don't like them either. I am seriously considering Express 1. From what I have gathered, they seem to be a proactive forward moving company that really care about their O/O. Any further advice and/or information on Express 1. I have a D unit. Thanks

lighting

Expert Expediter
i eas with express-1 for 2 months if you can sit 2-4days for load its ok you will have to stay in buncanna or south bend in this is eher all ther freight comes from get ready for deadhead

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Masterblaser,

I know the satillite system stinks,which really hasnt worked since they installed it, that I agree with, I have been with them for a number of years, going on 4 and now I have had and still have a driver using my cargo van. I really have had no real problems with pay settlements.
If there is a problem, all I do is fax a letter up to Jessie, with the pro# date, pick-up/delivery Co and milage paid, if its a rate difference I state the rate that is s/b and what the difference is, and attached to the fax is the CTX pick-up sheets, and a copy of the PRO bill that the driver can pick up in the office whenever he goes by or at the recruiters, On the pick-up sheet, is shipper, consignee, load miles, D/H miles, and I have who dispatched him or her put on it, and the rate per mile. this way you have proof of what was said for the rate, I just make a copy of both,the pro bill and pickup sheet and fax it up each week if there is a problem. it normally resettled within 2 weeks. Over the last 2 months I havent had any problems, except for a couple of authorizated D/H. where my driver went home after 12 hours waiting for a load on Fridays, and it wasnt added on the next trip, but it is normally settled with in that time frame. and the other was the rate differential.

if you take the settlement sheets and know what the miles are paid, then divide that to see if there correct at the rate paid, they use to put that on the sheets until the beginning of 2001, now they only show deadhead miles paid. not load miles, just the total and the % or your rate for a straight truck, s/b $1.07

If your having a pay problem it because your driver isnt giving or sending you the correct information on each load, so that you can verify the pay settlements that you get. My driver sends me a copy of the Pick-up sheet and Pro Bill, this way I can recheck the information when settled to see if it is correct

Unit #225080
Frank Katz
Frank's Tax & Business Service
308 E. King St
Kings Mountain,NC 28086