Canada Expediting in Canada

SpeedyGoLucky

Expert Expediter
I would like to get into Expediting D trucks with my wife. We live in Winnipeg and I can't find any companies that have well equiped D's. Eventually we would like to own our own truck.

Do you know of any companies who would employ a Winnipeg team, or would we have to relocate?

Thanks,
SpeedyGL

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Well first let me say "Go Moose"...and welcome to EO.
I hail from the great city of St. Boniface.

While there is lots of expediting in Canada - it's mostly to the east of you. If you were based anywhere in S. Ontario you could keep busy and be home almost every weekend if you pushed it.

How about Canadian based drivers? What do you think?

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

SpeedyGoLucky

Expert Expediter
Thank you for your kind welcome Lawrence.

I have been lurking here for a few weeks, and have found the board a very usefull source.

We could drive team from here in the Peg with any number of Trucking Companies, but Expediting appeals to us as a life style choice (at least from reading about it).

I suppose we could try a half-way solution, me "moving" to Ontario getting hired, and then Mrs Speedy can join me for some trips to see if we actually can enjoy expediting, and earn money at it.

Food for Thought.

Jakoe

Expert Expediter
[email protected] Hi every one!! we are from Ontario,my wife and i are looking for canada only expediting for now til i have my USA waiver which i should have anytime now, we can't seem to find anything,lol, we were actually thinking of giving a $2000 reward for anyone that can get us going with expediting, any takers??? and you all have safe trips, thanx.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Speedy,

I would also try a few Canadian based carriers like Thompson Emergency. There is a ton of work on the 401 and QEW corridor. Let us know how it works out for you.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

rasservices

Expert Expediter
Hi Speedy,
I am also from Winnipeg, I looking to change my career from IT to trucking. I currently have Class 3 license, could you please give me some pointers as is there any future in expediting in Winnipeg. I wanna run solo.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sarosh

oldtimer

Expert Expediter
If you get white qualified with a d unit there is a explovifs plant
in winnpeg that is good for loads down to maryland ( pays well)
Also there is a bus plant that sends loads godd to chicago ( good area)
GOOD LUCK