Expediting from Ontario, Canada

earthcitizen

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Am a newbie in Toronto with a background from a good technical career. I hope to be expediting with 4 new D class trucks coming my way soon. Any help to get me started will be appreciated as I am not from a trucking background and am hiring drivers for all 4. I would specially like to know the payback period for a truck. What is the availability of drivers from Toronto? I will be giving the trucks/drivers to a company and they have told me that there is lots of work . They arranged the lease for a commision. Any advice will be appreciated.

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You might like to contact Larry Cater, who lives in Toronto, and has quite a bit of expediting experience. His email is: [email protected]. His phone # is 416-899-7000.
He was trying to sell a 1999 FL106, so I think he may be leaving expediting. However, he can tell you the pros and cons from an Ontario-based experience.

It seems that you are jumping in with both feet in a big way for someone with no experience in the expediting business. I hope it works out for you.

earthcitizen

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thanks for your advice and the contact. Yes, Ive been thinking the same and am getting the delivery of the trucks staggered. I am only getting two to start with this month and will see how it goes before getting the other two. If I wait too long the financing of the remaining two may be cancelled so I am working with a two to three week time frame to get my feet wet with two.