Expedite or OTR

Searge

Expert Expediter
I'm was just currently approved on a lease program for FedEx CC for a D straight truck. It's a Freightliner FL80 with the 84" sleeper. I used to drive for Swift but that carrier with going down hill fast. Actually started out with M.S. Carriers, guess they spoiled me some and when Swift took, I tried to give them a chance for 6 months but could not take it any longer. I've had several offers from other OTR carriers. From what I've read on this forum, It looks like I should stay away from expediting now and go back to OTR.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If your talking about leasing to buy the truck, think about it. Do the math. Didn't MS teach you a leson or two? If you want to own a truck contact Dan Tilly on this site and he will put you in your own truck, and you can still lease on with FED-UP. If you lease a truck from them, you will be paying for FOUR, YES FOUR, by the time it's all over. Trucks are a dine a dozen right now. It's your money and it's your time. This is just my 2 cents, but do yourself a faver and call Dan, it won't cost you anything, but your time. GOOD LUCK

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Kinda curious about your post? Is Fedex CC leasing you the vehicle or have they just approved you for an operating lease.If they are leasing the vehicle to you and having you as a contractor I think thats a conflict of interest.One interesting thing is that they would make sure you get the loads to cover the lease payment.This would be a whole new policy for them,years back they used to hire company drivers for the 3rd/4th quarter busy season,put them in a rental truck ,buy them a room every day with a minimum revenue guarantee.Needless to say this caused resentment among the owner operators as the company drivers were always being dispatched first.

Searge

Expert Expediter
Decided not to go with any expediting carrier now. Will be driving for a local carrier here in Louisiana. From some of the msgs posted here, it doesn't seem like the right time to get into expediting. Home every weekend.