Doing Mexico???

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
After reading some 62 posts am I the only one who listened to Land Line last week. These points I did not see in any 62 of the Posts to date.

ULSD fuel how much are we now spending on 07 models for this new high efficent engine? 10K maybee? How much will a Mexican company be spending on there 35 year old truck and its high polluting engine?

Seems like one for the Mexicans here.

ULSD fuel think they require it in Mexico? NO they do not so you running your truck in Mexico you will be running illegal with the new emmissions the Government has put on us, thus none for them.

DOT Phyicals think there system is as hard as ours (high blood pressure)??

Back ground checks and past criminal histories DUIs they have no way of tracking this.

Unsafe equipment? Even though I agree 100% Swift JB etc.. will run safe equipment but if it breaks think its gona get taken care of these people are gona scoot around scales, just to make it back home imm. for the next load. They are not required to log in Mexico according to Landline so how can we know if they have just driven straight from Mexico City on route to Chicago. OK you may say the BOL, like as if thats gona be an accurate document, on to the next point.

Mexico is FAMOUS for corruption, think its not gona fall over into this with a blind eye?

Insurance and untrained drivers, Go have an accident with one of these guys, think you will ever see your day in Court, like you have the legal right to demand this person appear in court and put a Lien against him if you would win? This is FAIR for Americans and America?

Someone pointed out the fact of how it would benefit us to run down there, I once again bring up the subject of ULSD fuel not being available, and I would really questions ones intellegance of taking a $100K vehicle into a Country as corrupt as Mexico and think you might actually be safe and the frieght. The police down there (google Mexican Police) are extremely corrupt in there individual areas I would wish you luck its not in my best intrest to risk a load, truck or my life for one load.

It will cut into our border cities and profits, you can forget about the days with long runs out of Laredo, El Paso, Brownsville, Eagle Pass.

One more comment, think what this is gona do to those border towns and the sector of the industry that makes its living from Truck Drivers. Think these guys are gona spend $ on Truck Wash? Truck Stop Food? Mechanics? Tires? All of the things that me and you spend $ on these Mexican Drivers are gona head right back home with every last dime, and when you will see them waiting for a load I doubt that they will do nothing more than take up valuable parking space in cities like Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, with out contrubuting a dime to our economy.

I for one enourage you to write your Congressman, and Senators you can find them by contacting OOIDAs web site. We have had enough rules and restrictions put against us, now this adminstration wants to sell this industry out to cheap labor one for the ATA glad to see them backing our country and one of our countries hardest working industries, us the American Truck Driver Owner Operators.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All are valid and important points. This is a HUGE disaster in the making. There is nothing positive to be gained by giving more of this nation to Mexico. I'll stop there before I say what I really think and say what should happen to some ATA and government people.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
well as the case with eveything else that has gotten shoved down our throats we have no one to blame but ,with 3 million plus drivers we represent a powerful voting force that could stop all the insanity but choose not to do so, united we can control our destiny but apathy and a don't give a ##### attitude have let any special interest group with a bone to pic walk all over all of us. You want to make a change first vote second write to your representives and third if it is getting shoved down our throats unite remember without truckers no one has anything, we move america

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And prior to even the first point join OOIDA. So many don't join and have some excuse for not doing so. Often it's the money. That's a crock of you know what. Paying attention to fuel tax just one time would pay for a year's membership. You can be sure that if OOIDA had a million members things would be SIGNIFICANTLY changed. If you aren't a member join. If you are a member encourage others to join.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.