Fuel for Thought Do You Listen?

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Do you listen? Or just hear?

New drivers often seek advice from older, seasoned drivers. Most of the experienced drivers I know are always willing to help a driver that is starting out. Occasionally, you will run across one that is just a little gruff or bitter about helping others get started. For the most part we don’t mind passing along the knowledge we acquired over the years, for those willing to listen. Therein lies to problem. While a lot new drivers might ask for advice or help, many only hear what they want to hear. Those giving the knowledge can grow weary of repeating themselves to find those who are asking are not listening, thus they become bitter old timers and can give up trying to help.

READ MORE...

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
We can be guilty of only hearing what we want to hear, no shame in admitting that, especially when we have started to make friends on this sight that really really help to steer us back to reality (you know who you are, thank you!) My wife and I have lots of questions, but not sure when or where to ask. We are pretty sure that many of the questions we have may have already been answered here on the forum... but we sometimes get analysis-paralysis when we start searching back through the years and years of threads. Anyway, as we return our focus back to Expediting, a journey my wife and I started back in July (yes, after the EXPO), we are starting to remember everything we hoped to ask, even if we have already asked the question previously... always good to poll multiple sources! Thanks for the article, I hope that we can be a better learner due in part to our listening and comprehension. By the way, my better half excels in these qualities, it is what makes us a whole!

Reactions: Greg and Ragman

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
TeamPaul , nothing wrong with asking questions, please continue to do so. It's more directed to the ones who ask and only hear what they want and then cannot figure out why it is not working for them as they "heard" it.