Delivery times

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I have a question. How come the delivery times are never adjusted to 45 or 47 mph from when you get loaded and do your departure? I call and ask them to change it, but they say the computer adjusts it and they can't. If so, why is it only averaged from your pick up? The only time I see it really adjusted is when there are delays over an hour typically.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've never had an issue getting pu or del times changed. If its real apparent on the pu when I get the dispatch they change it automatically. On the delivery end Ive been told that fedex doesn't give a definite time to the consignee. Don't know if that's fact or not. With that said if I cant make the time they give they never give me any grief on changing it.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I've never had an issue getting pu or del times changed. If its real apparent on the pu when I get the dispatch they change it automatically. On the delivery end Ive been told that fedex doesn't give a definite time to the consignee. Don't know if that's fact or not. With that said if I cant make the time they give they never give me any grief on changing it.

Same here. Never had an issue. Now maybe the OP was trying to get time pushed out further than the 45mph rule would allow?

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
No, it was after I picked up and sent the loaded call and the delivery time was faster than 47mph. We always make it earlier, but I like having the time averaged in case we run into problems. Construction and traffic can be brutal.

They have been changing it, but sometimes they say they can't fix it. I was just curious why.