Day 6

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Day 6 of no loads, maybe today the blind nut will find a squirrel.

Sent from The Dark Side of the moon.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Maybe time to poach a few Squirrels just to eat, since the Turkey hunting isnt going so well.
Ya got me beat on day 6 by a day or so..
I logged about 18 total hours last week and drove home friday afternoon. I did have a load offer friday I think from Ind to Ohio,,But they wanted me to sit on it untill Monday afternoon. To far off route to take it home and babysit it. Another for Sunday morning, 3am pick-up..I think 80 miles empty for 180 loaded with nothing on the other end or offer for D/Head money. I figured it would be another empty move home and with no fuel money left I had to turn that one down in hopes of something better. Previous week brought about 21 hours/3 loads and a 480 mile deadhead home.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last week had 3 loads for about 600 miles, was in Toledo twice and each time too many vans sitting there so DH home. Been here since Wed. I've had 4 good offers but they couldn't seal the deal.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
It will pick up Im sure...Just wish 3rd shift or the weekend crew would find something..Thats the void I am seeing right now..I cant remeber last time I got anything for the weekends or from 3rd shift. If that would kick in I think we would be in good shape. Doing these lil mini loads without getting the log book filled up is killing us..Working 3 hours a day and going to bed for 12/14 hours isnt good. I perfer the shortys but something needs to be on the other end to be worth doing.
Hang in there brother..

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picking up at 14:00 in Cleveland to Howell Michigan.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guess I'll watch the paint dry or grass grow its a toss up to which to do. I agree 3rd shift needs to get active, and weekends last time I had a weekend load was about 3 years ago.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Jim;

Was out i meetings yesterday and missed this post.

Will be watching to make sure you get out asap.

Thanks,

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Ha Thats the way to work it...Get Management to get ya a load...LOL
Im still sitting at the house avaible since friday and nothing that would pay for fuel..A few hours ago I had a nice lil offer to Ky but never heard back from them. Wifes Birthday is tommorrow and if something doesnt break soon Ill call it quites for the weekend propley.

If your still hung up in Howell head over here I got pleanty of grass to mow if our tired of watching it grow..:cool:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I waited for a while then turn and burned for home, much cheaper to sit here

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And you see John posted 2 hours ago, and still not even a whisper. Which proves that even the owner can't make a load appear.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I waited for a while then turn and burned for home, much cheaper to sit here

Its a tought call but I couldnt agree with you more. Getting way to gun shy on going deep anymore. Sad but thats the way I see it anymore. Doesnt pay to move from one parking lot to another.
Got a lil Mini @ 3am going to Toledo,,looks like total of 3 maybe 3.5 hours and if something isnt on the other end of it Im sure Ill be home for the weekend..Im certainly not going to sit in the truck when Im 70 miles away from the house on a friday. And that will make this one a wash.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Crap I forgot what day of the week it was..Today is only Thursday..At least I got her bday correct.
And like I told her on Facebook, I'm glad I'm out of town because I didn't want to see her waking up for the first time being that old..:D

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Starting day 8 maybe today the blind nut will find the squirrel

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally a load for Friday morning Solon Ohio to Syracuse NY

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Go a lil farther to the southeast and ya should be able to run some guns out at good guy prices... :D