Dash cam suggestions

jhead64

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our dash cam died and now in the market for a replacement. Would like suggestions from those of you who are using them.

Also, if you have one that you don't like, please let me know the reasons.
Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using EO Forums mobile app

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thinking about buying one. Which one did you have? Why do you think it failed? How long did it last? And I guess why did you buy it?
Thanks

jhead64

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ours was a car box? I believe. It was made more for a car in my opinion. Not a wife enough viewing angle. I didn't like the software you had to use to view on your computer and it was very hard to work with to try and send footage to someone else. The only way it could be viewed as with their software.

I had taken the SD card out to review an incident and when I put it back in it went into an endless loop. It would start the sequence it goes thru when you first turn it on but never made it to recording. Just kept looping. I tried reformatting the card and I tried am entirely new card. Never could get it to work again.

The guy who installed it stereo, and back up camera did the install for the dash cam as well and he chose it. I was never happy with it from the start.

jhead64

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was really interested in the falcon dash cam. I think it comes with 4 cameras altogether. Wondering how hard it is to install?

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
I saw one being advertised on qvc that attaches to your rear mirror. Seemed like a nice one. I like the idea because its not going to go anywhere if you get in an accident i dont trust the suction cup or adhesive attached ones to not fly out of place with an accident.