Dang I did good!!!!

JJ

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
"Baby's" blower motor went pffttttt on way home Friday night.

Called the mechanic and he said $228 (part and labor) plus tax.

I asked how much for just the part, and was told $163.80. So I decided to check around little bit and see if I could find new blower
at a little better price. So called around to the parts stores and found it was a dealer part only (figures) well,I found dealer open on Saturday and he had the part in stock and quoted me $107.30 so I figure I'll go get the part and when he rang up the sale it came up $80.20....hummmmmmm.

After getting back in the van, I decided to look at the blower and thought maybe I can install this myself, so home we go. I get out my "boat tools" and 1 bolt and 6 screws ,couple of electrical connections old blower comes out, reversed the process and ta-da...I fixed it myself.

After thinking it over tonight....dang I did good!!!!! Now I just wonder how much I have over spent in the past for parts and labor for other minor repairs ??? :'( :'( :'(

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
JJ!

Do yourself a favor and don’t even research that part of your spending. You won’t like the findings of the over spent money. Especially if you took it back to Mr. GMC or Chevy to do the repairs. Shoot I think they are up to about $65 a hr. now for the cost of labor. Now that you’re spinning your own wrenches, there is a book you may want to buy ( PEPBOY sells it) that shows you step by step on how to do your own repairs.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Here is a funny one from Freightliner. My truck's city horn died, and I bought a new one at my local dealer, and it was sold as an assembly with bracket for about $35.00. This new horn lasted about a month, and died! Dammit! Stopped on a trip to Freightliner of Youngstown for another one, and it was.... $9.00. Same horn, without the bracket. That little chintz metal bracket costs $26.00, and the horn $9.00?:+ That is screwey!
-Weave-