Conway Now & Teams

Bornfree

Expert Expediter
Any of you has or had any experience with Conway,how they operate,load dispatch,preplans???,is it better,more miles,as a team,what kind of money am I looking to make on an average week,month or slow season?I live in Erie,PA close to a lot:I-90,I-80,I-79,Buffalo,Cleveland,Pittsburgh,Toledo etc...Much appreciated.:)

I forgot:Freightliner,22' box,sleeper etc....

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Hi Bornfree,
I'm listening but I know very little about Con-Way Now. As in most expedited companies you will do better as a team but it is much better if you are a husband and wife team as all the profits are going to pay the same bills.
I hope someone who works for Con-Way Now will read this and give you better information.
Marty

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Here's the best I can do, this goes back a few years. I ran for Con-way Now for about a year. They were the first company I leased my newly owned truck on with. They were a great bunch, and gave me lots of work as a solo until....after 9 months I was with them they decided to fire a bunch of their good managers and fill the positions with people from Roberts who wanted to run the company the Roberts way, which was team, team, team, and screw the solos. All of a sudden I went from running well to not at all and left. I was D unit 0253 in 1999. Their D unit numbers are now somewhere in the 700's which should say something about the turnaround there. I am not bashing Con-way Now, I was just saddened by how they ruined a good thing for me with little reasoning and no explaination. I found out about the hiring of the Roberts corporate America kids later. I'll probably get in trouble for being a moderator and speaking out somewhat against an EO advertiser, but that is what happened a while back and I did what it took to put it behind me and get back up again.
-Weave-