class-B licensed driving test?

blondie

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have A class B permit with hz. What I need to know is where can i rent A truck to take my test in with out geting one million $ of INS.?
ps.IN TENN ONLY!
PLS HELP ME DRIVERS!!

G

Hi Blondie, try a truck driver training school, even if you didn't train with them, they should be able to provide a suitable truck for one day. Of course be prepared to pay for the use of their truck. Good Luck, Jim Bunting...

G

Coach, on another forum suggested a slick idea. If you have time, check with you local school bus operation. Sometimes they will train you and get you set up and tested. Not a bad way to get some basic driving experience if you stick around awhile. Rules somewhat like hazmat I'd guess. Otherwise try a local construction company or dump truck operation. Or someone with a truck sitting and waiting for a buyer might like to make a buck. LOL EH

G

I'M LOCATED HALF WAY BETTEN MEMPHIS & NASHVILLE A SMAL TOWN CALLRD SCOTT HILL TN. THANK YOU ALL

G

We are located in Clarksville, if you still need a truck email us, but your local bus system for schools should also work. Also some DOT driving tests they will provide a truck for you but you have to pay extra. All you have to do is inquire at DMV

TL

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Check with Ryder or Hertz,they're easy trucks to take the test in,have no sleepers and should be pretty reasonably priced for a 1 day rental or less.You could call and make a reservation in the city you will be testing in,pick it up,do your thing,and return it in a short time probably. Just a thought,good luck.