Canada Checking it out.

Boatman

Expert Expediter
Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experiences with Kennedy Transportation located in the GTA? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, Boatman

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Hmmm,

I don't recall ever seeing any of their trucks - anywhere.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

Boatman

Expert Expediter
Sorry, Yes they are in the Toronto area, and to Lawrences post, they do not run trucks. They set people up in the trucking business.

Boatman

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Kennedy Trans. RE: Checking it out.

I've seen their ads in the Toronto Sun.
How do they set people up in the trucking (expediting) business?
What do they do and what fees do they charge?

Boatman

Expert Expediter
The newspaper is where I saw their ad as well, they advertise all over as well as on the internet. They basically get you a new truck to lease (or buy), give you some training and get you a contract with a company. The costs varied depending on type of truck/van, credit rating etc. I went for a first interveiw and they talk pretty general, although they make some pretty attractive wage statements, as their ads say. Somehow it sounds too simple, I'd just need to get some feedback from anyone who has had any dealings with them before I go any further.

Boatman

rolling force

Expert Expediter
If anyone here is thinking about buying a truck from Kennedy Transportation, take the advice of someone who already made that mistake:

Don't do it.

t

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>If anyone here is thinking about buying a truck from Kennedy
>Transportation, take the advice of someone who already made
>that mistake:
>
>Don't do it.
>
>t

I can't say I'm surprised. The ads always sounded a little "too good to be true". Sorry you had some tough luck with them. Is there any chance of legal recourse?
Did you contact the Ministry of Transport or the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services?
They might offer some suggestions.

rolling force

Expert Expediter
"Is there any chance of legal recourse?"

I'd have to take a number and get in line I guess.

I'm small fry I only bought one truck. I know one businessman from Saskatchewan who bought 17 from them. They prey on newbies and investors from out of town.

Most of the big leasing companies out there won't touch them anymore. GMC, Sterling, Freightliner, International, Kenworth, have all got burnt.

I noticed that they are setting people up with Peterbuilts now. They have a knack for digging up new business.

I hope the boatman didn't go with there..

t

Boatman

Expert Expediter
Thankyou Gentlemen, and no I didn't go there thankfully. Sorry about your experience Rolling Force. I spoke to a couple of other local guys who had been burnt and one guy from out of town who bought 2 as an "investment" as well. Their also moving alot of vans as well, I drive past their office several times a day and see the vehicles ready to be delivered. I smelt a rat when they danced around legitimate questions as if I didn't need to know the answers. They won't pressure you but they give you enough information and let you make your own decision. Apparently they are hooked up with some local freight company ( Arber.. somthing or other??? ) that will run you into the ground because you got the big payment and they got you by the shorts. Their pretty cagey. I hate these guys who prey on unsuspecting folk. I wish there was a way to run them out of town. I am a newby myself and I hope this is a warning for others to do their due diligence. How many times have we heard that old saying about "If it sounds too good to be true........"? I've learned alot from this forum and hope this saves someone from making a big mistake with these bandits.

Cheers, Boatman

rolling force

Expert Expediter
"Apparently they are hooked up with some local freight company ( Arber.. somthing or other??? ) that will run you into the ground because you got the big payment and they got you by the shorts."

The freight company you are talking about here is Aberstar. Kennedy owns this company. Many companies will not take on Kennedy trucks anymore. They had to create their own operation to cover all the trucks they were putting out, as they guarantee work for each truck they sell.

It is an LTL outfit and they will run you very heavy and very ragged. Most single axle trucks are finished within a couple of years of this type of work. The drivers too...

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>The freight company you are talking about here is Aberstar.
>Kennedy owns this company. Many companies will not take
>on Kennedy trucks anymore. They had to create their own
>operation to cover all the trucks they were putting out, as
>they guarantee work for each truck they sell.
>
>It is an LTL outfit and they will run you very heavy and
>very ragged. Most single axle trucks are finished within a
>couple of years of this type of work. The drivers too...

I've seen lots of Aberstar trucks heading to the border on Sunday afternoons on the QEW.
"Run,Run,Run..as fast as you can?"

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN

Expert Expediter
Hi,

Just curious on what company you have ended up with. I was looking a Kennedy 5 years ago and just didn't feel right. Very vague and I actually went to Aberstar myself to see their operation. Seemed okay but who can you trust with all that's been said. This is what I want to do but it seems like you can't rely on what anyone has to say. For all we know the negative responses about Kennedy could be someone trying to stop you from getting in on their good contacts. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN

Expert Expediter
Hi,

Have you found any compamy that is reliable? I've been wanting to do expidited for 5 years now but as a newbie who can you trust. Any help would be appreciated. I saw Kennedy 5 years ago and other than the posts listed here I have been unable to find anything else negative about them. I haven't heard anything positive either so what's a guy to do?

Thanks

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Hi,
>
> Have you found any compamy that is reliable? I've been
>wanting to do expidited for 5 years now but as a newbie who
>can you trust. Any help would be appreciated. I saw Kennedy
>5 years ago and other than the posts listed here I have been
>unable to find anything else negative about them. I haven't
>heard anything positive either so what's a guy to do?
>
>Thanks

My question is:
What does Kennedy Transportation actually do?
They don't run trucks but spend ton(nes) on advertising.
They promise big dollars in their ad which, to me, is a sign that it might be a comeon for the gullible.

You could contact Alumibunk;
"BAD OR NO CREDIT * IN HOUSE FINANCING AVAILABLE * ALL TRUCKS c/w JOB PLACEMENT w/CONTRACTS" (The proceeding was snagged from their ad in TRUCK&TRAILER September 2005 edition page 73 and DOES NOT IMPLY ANY ENDORSEMENT. This is for discussion purposes only)

You could contact DYNAMEX in Cambridge or TST in Windsor.
They're often looking for drivers. I don't know who, if anyone, you can trust. Everyone will make big promises to get you into a truck.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Get a truck on your own and goto either Dynamex Cambridge, IBCL in Toronto, DJA in mississauga, K-Dac, DEC Express. All do direct drives and lots of out of town calls (except DJA more in town but not bad money)
Stay out of most of the we arrange a truck and a job with only certain companies if you can. We had some guys come in at Straighaway and their stories were not nice.
Good luck
Fis