Changing the Oil

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Speedco did me a wonderfull service but did a lousey job on Saturday. I had an oil analysis done and after 14K they asked if I had added any oil since my last oil change. I did not the vascosity was excellent which meant I could have kept going on this oil.

I am one to change the oil every 10K but the last two weeks I have been busier than you know what and when I laid over last weekend for a 34 I was in the Island.

I will for now on wait until I come back home, my guys are much more detailed and carefull on the truck no excuses were out of this filter or we filled the radiator so full with water we cannot put the DH solution in cause, it is over flowing.

The price they charge is a great service, if they do it right and I keep finding one excuse after another for not doing the job correctly.
Example I have three filters, they were out of one they were willing to credit me $5 and send me on my way I refused I said I need to be remimbursed what Cummins is gona charge to me to pull that filter and replace as I am paying for a full service PM here and thats what I want period. The thought of oh well not our problem and heres your $5 for our problem for not having the filter. They should have never begun to drain that oil until they had the parts.

Has anyone else expierenced this attitude in doing business. Gee sorry but not our problem, so heres your $ Xyz bill please pay and maybee next time we will order the correct part for you.

Like I posted they did me a favor, I now know I can run up to 15K between oil changes so thats more than enough time for me to get the job done right without depending on there maybee we can do it right but if not well.....

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
I have a local shop do all my service and repairs except in an emergency. I was at a T/A in Indiana near Chicago last spring and needed an oil change. I waited over 3 hours and then he comes out and tells me the good news is he hasn't started draining my oil yet. I'm thinking, what?? The bad news is he doesn't have any of the filters he needs. I leave and about 200 miles away I just got a funny feeling and stopped at a rest area, opened the hood and he had left my filler cap off. Knucklehead. By a pure miracle it was wedged against something on the motor. I know I should have checked it over before leaving but good grief.