Centramatic wheel balancers

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
was just wondering if anyone has the centramatic wheel balancers installed on their truck. i am thinking about purchasing some of these and wanted to know if they are worth the money. approx. $190.00 per axle. DD

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I had them on my FL70, and they did help with the cupping wear. But, there is a fellow on this forum that swears 6 golf balls inside each tire will keep them balanced just as well for a lot less money. I have found the BEST remedy for unusual tire wear is just proper alignment. So even after having the centramatics, I couldn't really say if they are worth spending money on, as they were purchased by the fleet owner I was driving the truck for before I bought it from him.
-Weave-

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I bought the centromatics for the steer tires, and still got cupping. Finally found a knowledgeable tire guy who suggested I always keep 105-110 lbs in the steer tires. I do and now no more cupping.

Try the tire pressure thing first, along with keeping the alignment OK and tires balanced.

Vernon

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
thanks for the advice guys, i think that i will go with the centramatics and increase the air pressure. iwant to give these new steer tires a fighting chance against the cupping problem that i think most of us have. now about the golf balls, would that be the 386 or the 454 dimples?;-) .DD

ole driver

Expert Expediter
The centramatic work well and higher inflation pressur is also part of the anwser.
Ferightliners are hard on front spring pins and bushings. The trailing shakle carries all front end weight and wears out at 250000 mi if let go repair cost could reach 1500 to 2000 $$$.
If your Ferightliner is leaning get it fixed b4 the pin gets into the frame rail