Can someone point me in the right direction?

occifer_deas

Seasoned Expediter
Hey guys, I am looking into starting an auto hauling business with my friend. We are looking at getting a pair of 1 ton pick ups and a pair of 3 or 4 car haulers. Can anyone tell me where to start? I know I need a DOT # and a CDL. Insurance and a pull. Is there any thing that you can share with me on how to make this thought a reality? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Tired of doing it my boss' way and I want to start a business that will help me and my family.

Thanks in advance for any feed back and I look foreward to reading it.

Daniel

sweetbillebob

Seasoned Expediter
I used to haul cars and I might have some connections that are still good if you are looking to hire on with someone. I got 85%, he had the authority, paid the insurance, and provided dispatch. Also, I have a 2001 Dodge RAM 3500 Sport that I built expressly for hauling for sale if you are interested. I also worked for a guy out of Baltimore that paid $1.00 per car and he kept me loaded on average with 1.5 cars per trip (I had a two car gooseneck trailer). There was not an option of turning down loads with him, he was extremely busy and kept me hopping. The downside was living in Detroit, working out of Baltimore, with most of the miles on the east coast.

Bill

Jonlar

Seasoned Expediter
I know that OOIDA has some articles about getting your authority and has some conections with some insuarce agencies as well. Not only that but the mebership fee is pretty reasonable.

OOIDA = Owners Operators and Independent Driver Assoc.