C units

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
Ok here comes another question. I'm trying to put together a cross between a B & a C I think. Found an E 550 gvw 19000 lbs. I can get 16 feet of cargo with a little over 4 feet for the sleeper. Problem is that the inside dimension of the box will be 90 inches not 96 inches. Do you see this as a major problem? Can only load 4 pallets not eight. How many times do you C drivers use the whole inside width with double pallets? Thanks once again in advance. This sight is the best and I really appreciate all your info. Only bummer for me is that I won't be able to start driving until the spring. My brother is buying that other car wash so I'm going over there to turn it around.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One important item,is the vehicle dock high? Most shippers and companies require a C unit to be dock high with landing gear.

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Good point about dock high! Also I would avoid buying such a unit unless you have a home for it. Being a little out of the ordinary isn't always bad you just want to be sure you can put it to work and have fun doing it! Big sleepers are cool! Let us know how it works out for you? Best of luck..