Canada bringing on partners from canada

emtmike

Expert Expediter
I currently have a 2001 van on with Tri State and I am american,I have a good friend ive been trying to get into my business and tri state isnt interested in canadian workers so....what co will work with me to bring my friend on?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don!t understand why Tri state would discrimante against Canadians. They certainly run into Canada, Why not have him as your employee. Perhaps there is some tax or insurance rules that we are unaware of.Try Fedex CC they have Canadian Contractors based out of Toronto.Maybe it!s the rule that Canadians can not run within the United States,just take loads in or out.I know that Americans are allowed 1 Inter Canada run then must take a shipment out or deadhead out.Thats probably the reason and I think most companies would go by that rule..

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The problem is with Immigration.
A driver who is a Canadian citizen cannot from point to point within the United States. An American driver cannot run point to point within Canada.
A Canadian citizen driver must be domociled in Canada and run from Canada to the States and back.
Carriers don't need the hassles with Immigration so this is why they "discriminate".

RWA

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey emtmike. In regards to your question, CTX does a lot of work in and out of Canada, some like them some don't, just an answer to your question.