BARRETT DIRECT

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Is there anyone that give so insight,into this company before I contact him! Someone said they heard they were forced dispatch? Any info would be helpful,I hate to waste my time.....

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
I never had an issue there. I never refused a load, if I showed little interest in it they always sweetened the deal. It's not forced dispatch. They were or still could be $0.95 per mile. Great staff to work with. Orientation is right to the point.

Reactions: ntimevan

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
You couldnt ask for a better guy to sign on with. Steve is a stand up guy and does not deal in BS. As far as the details go i cant comment but I would call and get your questions answered straight from the source. We do have some friends that have been running Sprinters there for along time !! Just call him.

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
Is there anyone that give so insight,into this company before I contact him! Someone said they heard they were forced dispatch? Any info would be helpful,I hate to waste my time.....
these guys used to have one of the most expensive insurance packages in the industry, just saying.

Reactions: sbarrett

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Other than the owners terrible hairstyle....

We have always found them to be a very solid business partner from the carrier to carrier side.

Reactions: ntimevan

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Steve Barrett very stand up guy. Scott Fulkerson is heck of a safety professional. Would recommend highly.

sbarrett

Expert Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
Fleet Owner
Deadhead, I hope you don't mind me joining the conversation...I appreciate you thinking about giving us a call. We actually haven't been bringing on vans/sprinters for some time now, the capacity is too high. Straight trucks need to be teams ONLY.
But, that being said..we let everyone know up front, dispatch is here to get you moving,if you are in service (which is totally up to the driver how long they want to to be in and out of service), they will get a load without calling you first (circumstance do apply) Dispatch knows what they are doing, so we expect our drivers to trust them and know they have your best interest in mind. We don't take loads just to take loads. But, we don't negotiate with the drivers..we've always been this away, it's a fast pace business and I expect my dispatch to their job, just like I expect our drivers to do theirs.
JJT is right, our insurance is premium..but, it's top of the line, no corners cut.
We are family here..I know a lot of people say that, but its true. If you are at Barrett, you are family...not a number. Quality over Quantity.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I've known Steve Barrett for about 4 years now. Great guy, crazy in a good way, and he has a neat dog too!! If I wasn't with Load 1, I'd be at Barrett.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Deadhead, I hope you don't mind me joining the conversation...I appreciate you thinking about giving us a call. We actually haven't been bringing on vans/sprinters for some time now, the capacity is too high. Straight trucks need to be teams ONLY.
But, that being said..we let everyone know up front, dispatch is here to get you moving,if you are in service (which is totally up to the driver how long they want to to be in and out of service), they will get a load without calling you first (circumstance do apply) Dispatch knows what they are doing, so we expect our drivers to trust them and know they have your best interest in mind. We don't take loads just to take loads. But, we don't negotiate with the drivers..we've always been this away, it's a fast pace business and I expect my dispatch to their job, just like I expect our drivers to do theirs.
JJT is right, our insurance is premium..but, it's top of the line, no corners cut.
We are family here..I know a lot of people say that, but its true. If you are at Barrett, you are family...not a number. Quality over Quantity.
Thanks for joining in,I've been with one company for over 10 years,and really don't like to change jobs.Lots of time the info we drivers get is not always the correct info.Sorry to hear your at capacity, sounds like a you guys have got it together.Once again thanks for your input.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Other than the owners terrible hairstyle....
poindexter.jpg