BAD ACCIDENT IN ILLINOIS INVOLVING TRUCK

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Wow - that's scary. A familiar road to all of us. You never know what's around that next curve.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
On the keyboard of life, always keep
one finger on the escape key.
http://www.expeditersonline.com/fastcomputer.gif

SpaceGhost58

Expert Expediter
That is to close for many of us who travel that corridor...

I have been out now for 2 weeks and I have seen several serious accidents.
The drivers seem so impatient out there....One discipline I am constantly using is patience and space on the road.

I know it is hard to do but I always tell myself while driving "Space is your Friend" and you'll never know when you will need it.

And the funny thing is I always seem to catch up with those who zipp by me speeding anyway. (Funny how that works out!)

I really do enjoy the post's and the EO web site!

Spaceghost58

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
SpaceGhost,

Thanks for being apart of EO!

I agree drivers - of all kinds, seem to be so impatient. It seems that it is getting worse all the time.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

On the keyboard of life, always keep
one finger on the escape key.
http://www.expeditersonline.com/fastcomputer.gif

G

yes your absolutely right on about the drivers of late. I was in my cargo van had a emergency load of propane (dont ask dont tell) and had to slow down ,very slow for the obvious reasons to make a right hand turn off on m1,and this JERK who had been tailgating me in a rig Blows his friggen airhorn at ME! yes i had my turn signals on!..what has happened to the knights of the road,has it gotten that easy to get a job truckng? are the schools jst churning out drivers to meet the demand...i was hoping that due to the drug testing etc that the industry would have weeded out ,no pun intended,these drivers who have absolutely no right to be here! Their is no excuse for the tailgating ive seen and when i have my daughter as a rider i cant even use the C.B. Am i mad? yes you bet i am ,but ill take out my frustrations on a log or at my shooting range on my 10 acre wood certaily not on the road ! This situation is getting way out of hand ...dont even get me started on the four wheelers,on i75 between exits 78 to 110,these peolple seem to think the speed limit is 85 mph....there is a front end of a pontiac trans am imbeded in the guard rail ,i mean ACTUALLY FUSED IN IT ! ok i need a walk for some air,very nice site you people have here. What has happened to common sence! has it become that uncommon? What has happened to the word "character" does it mean nothing anymore?