back on the road

rob

Expert Expediter
i think my wifeand i are going back on the road.getting truck back we have been off for 2 years,who is the best to go back on with,we were with con way. think going back with them or fed ex or trystate. thank you all

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I'm always a bit biased here.. cause to me the bottom line is how much do I get paid for the running I do.. I don't believe in running cheap just to keep moving...and running my wheels off for 50 to 75 cents to the van.. I've always drove for Roberts/FedEx... off and on since 1993, driving other peoples trucks, and now that I'm getting ready to buy my own.. I'm going right back with them.. little more hassle, DVA, rules, layovers, etc... but more pay....

Just my opinion... A bad day on the road is still better than 2 good days sitting in some office.

:) :) :) :)

Sasquatch

Expert Expediter
WHAT? FEDXCC!! THEIR STUPID RESTRICTIONS(DVA-HOME-700MI.-FXLOG.) ADD UP TO "LOSER"!! GO ANYWHERE BUT THERE!! EVERYONE WHO COMPETES AGAINST FEDX LOGISTICS(THEIR OWN COMPANY) IS A LOST VENTURE WHICH==FRT.=REVENUE=YOUR INCOME!! THEY ARE IN NEED OF NEW LEADERSHIP..BEEN THERE- DONE THAT!!!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Sorry you've had a bad experience with FedEX... I know a lot of people don't like their rules... I've talked to every major company out there, and while many offer less rules.. I have yet to talk to one who pays more per mile.. and to me that's the bottom line... when someone is paying me 1 1/2 to 2 times what the next guy is willing to pay me.. I think they have a right to expect a little more out of me...

Once again... Just my opinion..

:) :) :)

Dreamer

One bad day on the road, is better than two good days in an office!

Sasquatch

Expert Expediter
I left FXCC and produced a $1700.00 income in three days, my friends at FXCC are so restricted and having to compete with FXLOG. sat during the same time..So much for that HIGHER rate!!Every driver should be insulted by the way FXCC FXLOG>handles business in way they do. They need new leadership who will focus on their contractors>who supports families and equipment. ITS THEIR IMAGE!!HELLO