B units out West

newthead

Expert Expediter
Just a curious thought....Does anyone using a B unit ever get to take loads out west. How far and how often? I've been looking for B units on the freeways here in Portland but haven't seen any yet. (I have seen numerous box/straight trucks though)

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Furthest west I've ever been with FedEx was Kansas City, Kansas, and that was only one time. I have heard of people who went out further, but had to deadhead back a ways to get another load. I very rarely went further west than Illinois.

Lostmarbles

Expert Expediter
I'm on Interstate-10 most of my time between El Paso and LA and I have only noticed three Toy trucks this year. Two Fed EX and one Panther both were in Arizona. Now just because I'vew only noticed three sure don't mean there aint more.
I don't claim to be an expert at much more than sleeping and eating but if ya wanna play out West your gonna need Horse Power (400+), gears (13-18),and a willingness to take LTL loads. But like I said ," The only thing I'm realy good at is ; Being Good Looking"!

Life is what happens to you while your busy makeing other plans.:7

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Lostmarbles,

Good Looking? Um, you kinda look like a Scarecrow to me. :7
lol.

Lawrence
Expediters Online.com

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sometimes I take loads out west for the sake of adventure- and afterwards hate myself for doing so. Usually a pain to get anything out of the west without deadheading most of the trip back east. I rarely see any vans there, mostly D units...sitting....waiting...D-H'ing...
-Weave-

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Hi Lostmarbles,
I must agree with Lawrence. Good at being good looking? Well...you look a little scary to me too. And that hat,please don't tell us that you are the "Duke of Style" or the "Prince of Fashion".
Marty