B unit traffic in kansas city missouri

sevenmmmagman

Expert Expediter
I live in kc mo and am thinking about getting a b unit.Is this a good area to work out of.Any help is appreciated thanks

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
This is going back a few years but KCMO was a decent layover. I think it has grown from that as expediting has ever so slowy made the trek west.

I know we have some regular posters from KCMO - speak up!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

Tinman

Expert Expediter
TINMAN

Are you planning to expedite for an out-of-state company, or drive for a local comapny? I have been with Eagle in KC for three months, and got only an occasional hot shot trip. Never was enough to balance even my expenses, so had to leave. I'm with 24/7 now, and have just started, so can't say much about them. I talked to Dynamex here, since several postings here run for them. But, this location isn't one of the expediting terminals - so, again, not much difference from Eagle - except, that their management COULDN't be worse! It would be unfair to the world in general, if there were TWO such mismanaged dinosaurs..
If you are going to lease to an out-of-state company, I can tell you from delivering to the Ford Claycomo, and the GM Fairfax plants, that Panter, Conway, Tri-Statte, and Taylor make frequent runs here.
Good luck to you (and READ the archives!).

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tinman..They are just as mismanaged here at the Cambridge terminal!! Must run in the family! Good thing this is the expedite division cuz I can stay away from the office as it doesn't bother my income. I just stay away from the politics!!

sevenmmmagman

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the info.Im not sure who i would contract with.Probably one of the bigger outfits.Just wanted to know if I would have to do a lot of deadheading to get to the freight lanes from kc.And it would be nice to get thru the area occasionally to the family.