ATEAM

paperback1

Expert Expediter
A TEAM, WHAT KIND OF BACKROUND DO YOU COME FROM THAT IS SO DIFFERENT? I'M KINDA PERPLEXED BY THESE POSTS BY WEAVE AND TEACEL. I READ A POST SAYING YOU BROUGHT UP COURT ACTION AGAINST EO, AND I'M JUST KINDA WANTING SOME INFO ON YOU. I'LL KEEP MY OPINION TO MYSELF FOR THE TIME BEING, BUT TILL I LEARN MORE ABOUT YOU I'M GONNA TAKE ANYTHING YA SAY AS WHAT IT APPEARS, BUT NOT 100% OF IT. aRE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO THE EXPO IN AUGUST?

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Paperback,
Where did you read that post at? If it is on this site Please let me know where? Just to clear the air, No one involved said anything about ATeam suing EO. As stated in the apology things got ugly and Weave and I just wanted to make amends to this guy. What I did say to some members, and we have been saying it all along, is that we all need to watch what and how we say things, so we don’t get sued. Not to just other members, but to or about anyone, or any company, and advertisers too. Some times some of the bashings on the forums, get outlandish, and people state fact, as opinions. This can be a very dangerous thing, especially if you state a fact, without the proof to back it up. So just beware of what and how you say things, because you (not EO) can be sued.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
There have been some difficulties (to say the least) with the A Team.I have kept quiet about these difficulties but I would advise all that it is in your best interests to be extremly careful in any response that you may wish to reply to their comments about expediting. Nuff said. Just keep it professional and if you disagree with them keep it under control.

Xpediter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
paperback my thoughts exactly. who da hell is this guy? If you have a beef with the boys (weave tony larence richm) .........you have beef with us all.

what da hell did the boys ever do except try and help a-team?

x

Dave Johnson

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
OK.. not to keep this going, but I have to make a couple comments. I am confused as heck here. I don't post a lot, but I do read everything. Nothing was said by anyone that could result in anyone being sued! You can't sue someone for a comment made on a PUBLIC forum stating their opinion, that's called freedom of speech.

From this site QUOTE

"LEGAL NOTICE: The views and opinions expressed in these forums are those held by the posting author and do not represent the views or opinions of Expediters Online.com, On Time Media, LLC, it's agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertisers or sponsors. Expediters Online.com reserves the right to remove offensive or inappropriate messages"

Bottomline, EO can remove posts they find inapropriate, but I have the right to express my OPINION and not get sued. That's plain stupid. Oh.. and the post stating EO was threatened with legal action was here, written by RobZip, stating a moderator told him so. It has since been removed, but Rob also posted it in Misc. Transport Trucking, where this stupid fight began several months ago. In my OPINION, if this is true, then these apologies are damage control, just in case he's stupid enough to try.

Jim Peters, AKA Ateam, has the right to express himself, disagree, post right or wrong information,whatever....

I have the right to disagree with him, and post evidence against his views, and there is NO legal recourse in a PUBLIC forum, as the responses of each poster is HIS or HER opinion, and by posting in a public forum, everyone accepted these terms.

I'm gonna leave it there, but I am now going to exercise MY right to ignore anything and everything he ever posts from here til doomsday.

Dave Johnson
73's

paperback1

Expert Expediter
Hey Teacel, I was looking for that post but Dave just answered my search. It was a post by Robzip, but if you and Weave say he's OK, that's good enough for me. A Team, sorry for any thing that might have offended ya, I hope no hard feelings.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This is a combined reply to each of the folks who posted in this thread so far. It is my sincere hope that the EO members will read Weave's and Teacel's apologies in the spirit in which they were given. It is also my hope that this thread will die as quickly as the thread that started the problem in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned, the moderators may remove the thread at any time. I see little good accruing to the EO community by stirring things up around issues that have already been quietly resolved by professional people of good will.

Regarding Xpediter's comment that, "If you have a beef with the boys (weave tony larence richm) .........you have beef with us all." Relax Xpediter. There is no fight here. As Teacel said, things got ugly for a period of time, but it's now resolved. There are no hard feelings.

Regarding Dave Johnson's statement that, "You can't sue someone for a comment made on a PUBLIC forum stating their opinion, that's called freedom of speech.", that is not entirely true. You may have freedom of speech but that does not entitle you to yell FIRE! in a crowded theater when there is no fire. Freedom of speech does not provide blanket immunity. Laws exist in every state to protect people from harmful speech. However, Mr. Johnson is right on the money when he talks about the right to post one's opinions and disagree with or argue against others.

Regarding RichM's comments that there have been "difficulties with the ATeam," Rich, you (or anyone else) are welcome to communicate any concerns you may have about us at any time. You can reach us through our EO e-mail link. I'd be willing to chat with you by telephone on my nickel or visit in person if we are in the same area. Perhaps if you had spoken to me about the difficulties you perceived, your concerns could have been addressed long ago. If anything is still bugging you, talk to me. Don't let it simmer.

I trust that you now know I am exactly who I say I am. If that is not good enough for you, talk to Weave. He pleasantly surprised me the other day by showing up on my doorstep. Weave has been in our home, seen my office, met my wife, seen where she works, and dined with us. He can tell you we are exactly who we say we are; that is, a white-collar, happily-married couple making a career change into expedited trucking.

Few people reveal their real names in the EO forums for many good reasons. My wife and I have our reasons for keeping our real names and detailed background info private at this time. I trust EO members will respect our choice.

In response to Paperback1's request for additional info on us, suffice it to say that my wife and I are a white-collar couple that want to become expediters. We plan to start driving this August. We have the EO Expo on our calendar and hope to attend, but that may also be the time our fleet owner gets us into a truck and sends us to our carrier's orientation. We'll be at the Expo if we can.

Regarding Paperback1's statement that I "...brought up court action against EO....," We have not taken court action against EO or anyone else in the EO community. Yes, there were some issues that arose. They have been resolved to the satisfaction of all concerned. There is no fight. There are no hard feelings.

As newbies researching the industry, my wife and I have read every post in every EO forum archived for the last two years. Because of what we've learned here, we've been able to ask informed questions of fleet owners and recruiters. We met them through the EO classifieds. These folks have been surprisingly generous and informative with their time. Two hour telephone visits with them were not unusual. We had in-depth conversations with about two dozen of them.

In closing, let me share here what I've shared with Lawrence privately more than once. EO has changed our lives for the better. It was through EO that we learned of expediting as a career. Until we met the EO people at the 2003 Louisville truck show, we didn't even know this industry sector existed. By the end of that day, my wife and I both knew expediting was what we wanted to do. Once that decision was made, EO continued to be an invaluable resource. EO made it possible for us to instantly identify the companies in this sector, contact their recruiters, contact fleet owners, and learn a great deal from the newbies and experienced drivers that post here.

We are grateful beyond words for the resources EO has made available. In our posts, we hope we are giving something back to the community that has been so helpful to us. We hope to be positive and contributing members of the EO community for years to come.

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Gentlemen (and ladies if any are foolish enough to jump into this):

This is "much ado about nothing". This has nothing to do with expediting, shippers & receivers, trucks & vans or anything else that is truely worth this much effort. Let us redirect our focus and deal with the business at hand - EXPEDITING.

So, every one take care Happy Father's Day to you and your fathers.

Drive Safe.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Lets clear the air on this topic. First of all both Weave and Teacel are good guys,excellent moderators and have made many posts at 0200-0300-0400 etc in order to give advice and help to other expediters that were looking to get solid information in this area.
I would ask all who read this to think of this analogy: I know zilch about astronomy other then the stars are nice and telescopes bring them closer.Now if i posted on a astronomy web site that I was new to the field but if you want help go to www...... and you can find new telescopes etc,wouldn!t the old timer astronmers get poed. That is what has happened here.
This web site has been in action for about 5-6 years,until recently never once has a member threatened legal action to the post or to various members of the post. Unfortunately this has changed requiring apologies on the part of Weave and Tearcel. Their comments about new folks giving advice to old line expediters did not sit well with the posters and libel and slander suits were threatened. As far as I am concerned this is absolute BS. No one attacked them personaly,just went after their credentials in this area.How can anyone who does not have a CDL give advice in the trucking industry? Beats Me.
We have lots of GOOD FOLKS on this website. We all tend to have a lot of good and take,I recently apologized to a fellow member for calling him a snake oil salesman(strickly tongue in cheek humor albeit in bad taste),but he did not threaten to take legal action.
It!s really a shame that some people are so sensitive that they take comments so seriously that they must threaten various punishments in order to keep their self importance. Weave and Teacel,you 2 have my highest compliments for what you did.I don!t think I could have done that.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
[h3]Howdy All,

Thank you for everyones participation on the Open Forum.

I think we all agree enough has been said on this issue, I have locked this thread. Further posts on this topic will be removed by yours truly and I may consider removing your account permanently.[/h3]

Now let's move onto more pressing issues - E X P E D I T I N G!

:D :D :D

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
On the keyboard of life, always keep
one finger on the escape key.
http://www.expeditersonline.com/fastcomputer.gif
-----------------------------------------