Arnold Schwarzenegger's tips for working out on the road

ATeam

Retired Expediter
In this CNN article, Arnold Schwarzenegger talks about using unfamiliar gyms on the road to work out. He's not in a truck like we are but his tips apply to expediters too.

Excerpt:

"Someone on Reddit asked what it was like for me to train in hotel gyms or other unfamiliar gyms on the road," Schwarzenegger posted. "The answer is: just like it is for you. There is no waiting to train until you have perfect circumstances. I improvise with whatever is available.

"I walk in and my only rule is to keep moving, for a pump and cardio at the same time. Rest as little as possible. After an hour, you will feel fantastic and your muscles won't know what hit them."

"...The point isn't the machines or the exercises," he wrote. "The point is that you can create a workout for your goals anywhere. Even if you just use a chair for dips, a table for rows and the floor for pushups."

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In this CNN article

" Schwarzenegger posted. "The answer is: just like it is for you. There is no waiting to train until you have perfect circumstances. I improvise with whatever is available.

The point isn't the machines or the exercises," he wrote. "The point is that you can create a workout for your goals anywhere. Even if you just use a chair for dips, a table for rows and the floor for pushups."[/I]

His answer is so simple, yet very smart. Reminds me of a thought I had just the other day as I was doing push-ups in the van. I looked at the spare tire strapped to the wall and thought, "hmmmm, I could do a modified bench press with that". Have not done it yet, but at least starting to think out side the box :)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
One of the things that made working for Trailer Transit fun was the unusual loads.
The scrapbook in the break room has pictures of a driver playing basketball at a movie studio with a big name actor, after having lunch with him.

His job was to transport the Actor's personal gym to the next shooting location.

I'm thinking it was for Denzel Washington .

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Google sees all. Google knows all.

Carnac.jpg