Archieves

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I just read thru all my old postings on Truck Talk, poor mileage etc.. Boy sure have come along way thanks Glen, Larry, everybody for helping me along.

I had several items discussing fuel mileage, you can see for yourself(neat program). Anyway if I may comment on all of the items you all helped me with and what I have finially found out.

I am now averaging over 10mpg, I posted that my lowest was 7.2. Thats alot of $ now in my wifes purse and not Pilots.

Cummins ran a back ground check on the engine and my driving habbits
Had the Allison turned into a 6 spd from a 5 thanks Glen
Discovered my tire pressure was to low in my tires
Trued the front tires
Aligned the front end
Use Cetane Boost now if does not help?
Do my very best to stay at 60 to 63mph I am doing much better at staying alert for longer periods so I can do this as before I had to rush to catch up on a nap.

Thus add all this together my last tank averaged 10.28 under load. If I take my old average of just 8.1 or 8.2 thats a 20% savings in fuel so for every 1,000 miles that is just over 24 gallons or $48.00 to $54.00 depending on what state. Average run is probably 700 miles with DH and running around 80 miles.

Thank you all for you input and advice I cannot credit just one thing but all of them.

Think I reach 13?