Another new guy

bubbagrump

Seasoned Expediter
As ive been reading on here, ive learned alot. Im a 28 year old with cdl-b w/ air brakes, and ive wanted to get into the expediting line of work for awhile. Of course im looking for fleet owners who want a very ambitious person like me, i dont own a truck. Im still figuring out how to get started i guess, and my other issue is that out here in New Hampshire there really isnt a company i can just drive over to. How do i get involved with so many that are so far away? Thanx :)

moose

Veteran Expediter
Welcome !
So far you are doing it right .reading back ,and wanting to drive for an Owner first ,(the Expedite version of company drivers) to get your foot in the door ,before any big commitment.

a few of the large carrier ,can keep a solo busy in the N.E ,
you will have to find out if a truck/sprinter/van will work best up there .
the good news is that all of the large carrier have a mismatch service that can get your information to Owners with available trucks .
the best way ,is to simply fill up the online application right here on EO and wait for the phone to ring .
Good Luck .

bubbagrump

Seasoned Expediter
hey thanx alot! i will continue researching before i post anything toward a carrier, i know i have the availability to head anywhere if needed. i just wanna make sure to know exactly whats involved so i dont get myself into trouble out there, does seem like a lot to take on, but i know i can do it....