Angels are watching

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
In response to Broompilots post.

First of all, thank you Broompilot for the post!! We all need to stop, take a breath once awhile and count our blessings.
This is what my wife and I would do while we were "beating up and down" the road.
You've all seen these people around truck stops........someone down and out, asking for something to eat or some money. We used to pick up 4 or 5 of the Bibles, the ones you see in truck stops for free....Keep them in our truck for when the right opportunity would arise........If someone came up to the truck or to us asking for money or food, we'd usually give them what we could. Usually $5 or $10, but, show them the cash and put it between the pages of the Bible and hand that to them. :)
Did that one time in Memphis at the Petro.........this young man was sitting near the parking lot, not bothering anyone.....We'd watched him for about 15/20 minutes and my wife said we should offer him at least something.....Maybe Angels giving us a message??..:) Went over to him and asked if he needed any help....We told him we'd give him $10 to get something to eat if he wanted it.....He shyly accepted......We then asked if he would accept another "gift" from us and offered him a Bible......He graciously took it and the money. Thanked us as we went back to the truck.
That young man sat on the curb, leaning up against a post reading his new Bible.......was probably there for over an hour....He then got up and started to walk off, tucking his Bible into the small bag he was carrying.....He stopped, looked back at us, (we were both sitting in the cab), smiled and waved good-bye.
Best blessing we ever had while on the road!! :)
Moral of the story: Give someone a blessing, that blessing will be returned 10 fold!!!!
God Bless each and everyone this Thanksgiving

Mark & Cindy

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Suds 43 What a heart warming story, about generosity, of you two. People like you that put the Thanks ,in Thanksgiving.
Being retired, and on here to see some outside life ,through some of you I have met some of our country's nicest people. Thank you all
Hurrier you go the be hinder you get! Tom Tinker:)

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
You never know how you speak to someone by the little things you do. You might give someone the hope they need to change their life. My brother was at a gas station in Houston and this guy was telling him he ran out of gas and needed money. My brother said the guy didn't look like he had a car or anything, and he gave him $10 anyway. When my brother came out of the gas station, the guy came up to him and said, "I lied...I don't have a car...I just wanted the money." My brother just told him, "I know, but I felt like God wanted me to give you that money." Nothing more, nothing less....but it might have made an impression on that guy, and he might have changed something in his life because of it. We are put here to bless others. Our purpose in life is to minister to those in need, no matter what. If God can't trust you to bless others with what you have, how could he trust you with more? He wants us to do well, but he wants us to be able to serve other's needs.

Pappy

Expert Expediter
The posts in this thread and in Broompilots thread bring to mind a couple of my favorite quotes:
1-- "I complained because I had no shoes till I saw a man who had no feet".

2--"A man never stood so tall as when he stooped to help someone else".

Everyone have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Pappy :)